Event Ticket option disabled before the sale end date/time

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Ticket option disabled before the sale end date/time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Saikat Dey
    Participant

After recent update of Event Ticket and Event Calendar we found that Ticket Option on the event page is disabled on the day of the event, although End Sale date is the day of the event.
    For example, we have an event on November 12 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm IST. We have 2 tickets where Sale Start is 2017-11-05 (5th November) @ 8:30 PM and Sale End is 2017-11-12 (12th November) @ 6 PM. We want to close our sale just before the event. So, our sale end date is same as event date. But Ticket purchase option is not available/disabled on the event page. I have attached the screen shot of Event Edit page and please use below link of the event page where the issue is already in reproduced state https://www.thirdbell.in/event/char-adhyay/
    This issue impacting our business and required your help/support on urgent basis.

Dave
    Participant

We are having the same problem.. when we set a ticket to stop sales at 5pm it stops any sales from midnight :o(

Hi Saikat,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I apologize that we have not gotten back to you sooner, as I see that your event has already passed at this point.

In order to prevent this from happening in the future, let’s try to do some troubleshooting from here.

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

One other thing to keep in mind is that sometimes we run into issue with Page Builders.  Would you mind also trying to create an event with tickets outside of page builder (if you aren’t already doing so) and seeing what results you get?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Dave,

If you are still experiencing the same issue, would you please open a new thread?

Once there, as a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,

Jaime

Saikat Dey
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

It was working fine just before updating the Event Calendar and Event Ticket plugin. We hadn’t activated any new plugin/theme or deactivated any existing plugin/theme.
    After updating the Event Calendar and Event Ticket plugin if we set a ticket to stop sales at 5pm it stops any sales from midnight

Regards,
    Saikat

Hi Saikat,

Thank you for that information.  I completely understand that you were not having this issue before your update, however I am wondering if there is a conflict between the code within the update, and something that you already have on your site.

If you can run through our testing for conflicts procedure, that would be great.  While running a bare WordPress site, test if your tickets work as expected.

In addition, if you could point me to an event on your site where you are seeing this issue currently, that would be helpful.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi again Saikat,

I am able to confirm this issue as a bug with our update.  We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Saikat Dey
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply. I have crated a sample test event for you. Also attached the screen shots of the edit event page of the sample test event. Please note that we are using Indian Stranded Time (IST)
    Link of the sample test event where the issue on reproduced state : https://www.thirdbell.in/event/test-event/

Regards,
    Saikat

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Saikat Dey.
    Saikat Dey
    Participant

Hi,

This issue still exists even after upgrading to The Events Calendar Version 4.6.5.
    I have crated a sample test event for you. Also attached the screen shots of the edit event page of the sample test event. Please note that we are using Indian Stranded Time (IST). Please try the below test event link after 12.00 AM Indian Stranded Time (IST).
    Link of the sample test event where the issue on reproduced state : https://www.thirdbell.in/event/test-event/

Regards,
    Saikat

Saikat Dey
    Participant

Hi,

Please use the below link of screen recording https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GtSelRoFYuIAgAkTw_R7xMNW6RsYw3C3

Regards,
    Saikat

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Saikat!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release for Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/event-tickets-and-event-tickets-plus-4-6-1-1/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Ticket option disabled before the sale end date/time’ is closed to new replies.