Event series date picker missing, theme conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event series date picker missing, theme conflict

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sally Newcomb
    Participant

I use Genesis with a Dynamik child theme.
    The Community event form has no date picker when you click ‘event series’. I swapped to the twenty fifteen default wp theme and the date picker appeared. Screenshot coming.
    How do I resolve this issue?

Secondly
    The community events form is not displaying full width.
    Looking at it in inspector I see:

@media screen and (min-width:61.5625em) {
    body.tribe_community_edit:not(.search-results) article:not(.type-page) .entry-content {
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    width: 71.42857144%
    }

If I change the width in inspect to 100%, it displays correctly.
    But what exactly do I need to add to custom css to correct this?

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

Is it correct that there is no drop down for venues? I need to include the option to select an existing venue otherwise there are going to be duplications of venues.

Hunter

Hey Sally,

Welcome back! Sorry to see you’re experiencing issues.

I use Genesis with a Dynamik child theme.
    The Community event form has no date picker when you click ‘event series’. I swapped to the twenty fifteen default wp theme and the date picker appeared. Screenshot coming.
    How do I resolve this issue?

Since the issue didn’t persist when you reverted back to the default WordPress theme, this means there’s not much I can do. Theme conflicts extend beyond what we’re able to cover. Please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article for more information.

We do have a bug logged relating to an issue with datepickers, so there is the potential the fix we’re including in an upcoming maintenance release could resolve the issue your currently dealing with, but I cannot guarantee this.

To troubleshoot, please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file when doing further testing. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Secondly
    The community events form is not displaying full width.

What I’d first do is visit your Events > Settings > Display tab and try all the different options to see if you get the desired results on your Add Event page. More info can be found here.

If none of the available options work, you can either use CSS or a template override to address the width issue. Please review this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video as it’s a great example on how to easily identify CSS classes/IDs and make changes. If your theme author has included a CSS options panel, try adding your CSS code there first. If that doesn’t work, try the theme’s style.css file.

Is it correct that there is no drop down for venues? I need to include the option to select an existing venue otherwise there are going to be duplications of venues.

The Add Event form includes a dropdown so users can select from a list of existing venues. See the screenshot below from my test site. Please let me know if this helps answer your question.

I hope this helps clarify any confusion you might have had and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Have a great weekend ahead!

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

Re the issue with the missing date pickers, they were working fine until the recent update to community events 4.3.2.
    Regarding the drop down menu for the venues, that also works fine prior to the recent update to 4.3.2.
    So my problems only started since your updates.

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Welcome back,

I hope you had a pleasant weekend! I understand the issues have started since the 4.3.2 release. As previously mentioned, theme conflicts are beyond what we are able to cover in the forums, so any issues which do not persist once you deactivate back to the default WordPress theme will need to be handled by you. Did you follow any of my instructions above aimed to help further identify the source of conflict? For example, setting WP_DEBUG to true. I also recommend using your browser’s ‘Inspect’ tool by right-clicking your mouse. Any errors will display in the console. I would be happy to look more in depth into your issue, but saying the date-pickers and drop-downs don’t work doesn’t give me much to work with.

Between the Testing for conflicts guide and Themer’s Guide, you should be able to a) identify the exact source of conflict for any issues you have and b) update any customizations you currently have saved as template overrides. You might also want to read over the Release Notes to see if you can get an idea what exactly is causing the issues with the drop-downs.

I wish I had a better answer for you but my hands are essentially tied. If things get beyond your level of expertise, we have a list of non-affiliated customizers that can help further assist. Good luck and have a good evening 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Trisha

Hi Sally!

I just created a bug ticket ?  for the narrow width issue you’re experiencing here. I’m marking this ticket as ‘pending fix’ so that you will be notified when the fix is released.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we work through this! ?

Cheers,
    Trisha

George
    Participant

Hey there,

We published a Maintenance Release today that includes a number of fixes, including some that should address the issues you reported here.

Check out our release notes for it here to learn more → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-29th-may-2017/

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Event series date picker missing, theme conflict’ is closed to new replies.