Event Permalinks with WP Core 4.9.5

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Permalinks with WP Core 4.9.5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pat Kavanagh

Hey Modern Tribe,

Not sure the best place to post bugs, but I have recently updated my WP install to 4.9.5 and also updated The Events Calendar to 4.6.13. It looks like there is a conflict with the newest WP core version and TEC event permalinks.

When I create an event they permalink doesn’t seem to resolve at all so I cannot view newly created events. Event’s I had previously created work if you already have the permalink, but you cannot recreate it. The tribe_get_event_link() returns nothing as well.

Please let me know if you need any additional details and the possible timeline for getting this issue resolved. Thank you!

Cliff

Hi, Pat. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

You posted in our Pre-Sales forum from a user account that doesn’t have any purchases associated with it (or accidentally if you forgot to login first).

If you don’t have a paid account login, I’m afraid we’re not equipped to provide technical support for current plugin users here in our Pre-Sales Forum. If you’re using one of our free plugins, such as The Events Calendar or Event Tickets, you can request assistance on their respective WordPres.org Support Forums (we do not provide technical support for users there, either–only via our paid forums).

This isn’t currently a confirmed issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Thank you for your understanding and thank you for using our plugins.

Pat Kavanagh

This ended up being a conflict with something in our custom theme, please disregard.

Thank you!

Cliff

Phew! 🙂

No worries.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Permalinks with WP Core 4.9.5’ is closed to new replies.