Event permalink

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event permalink

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robert

In your demo page, Event Calendar Pro appears to add the event date to the event title in the permalink for recurring events. Does it also add the event date to the event title in the permalink for single events as it does not with The Event Calendar unlike competitive products?
    In addition, If you modify a recurring event, for example to add an Agenda or Minutes, does the permalink change?

Cliff

Hi Robert. Thanks for your interest in our products.

The Events Calendar PRO add-on can create recurring events. You can see an example of a recurring event series at our demo site: http://wpshindig.com/event/code-coffee-code-learn-share/all/

Each recurring event series is essentially a copy of each event. In order to customize a single instance of that recurrence series, you need to break it from the recurrence series and then customize it (e.g. to add an agenda or minutes).

The permalinks shouldn’t change unless you break it from the series.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Robert

Hi Cliff, Thanks for the reply.
    As you said that to add an agenda or minutes would break the event from the recurrence series, please can you confirm whether this event or any single event would have a permalink of the event title/event date as with an event in a recurrence series. e.g. http://wpshindig.com/event/code-coffee-code-learn-share/2016-11-03/
    Thanks,
    Robert

Cliff

Recurring events will be in that events/slug/date format.

Events that aren’t part of a recurring event series will be like events/slug (no /date)

I’d suggest buying and trying to make sure it’ll work for you. 🙂

Robert

Hi Cliff,
    Re: Event Calendar Pro
    If I have a recurrence series of meetings for the year and therefore each meeting will have a permalink of /event title/event date and then I edit an event to add a pdf file of the minutes, will that event still have a permalink of /event title/event date or be changed to just /event title.
    If it is changed, that could be a deal breaker as it would mean that search links would be broken. I design sites for a number of UK Councils and was hoping to use the product for their meetings. As you have the feature of adding the event date to the event title for recurrence events, I find it hard to understand why you do not use the same for single events.
    Please confirm.
    Thanks,
    Robert

Cliff

How you described it in your first paragraph is correct.

/event/slug/2016-11-07/ gets changed to /event/slug-2016-11-07/ after it gets broken out of the series.

I’ve logged an internal bug/ticket that it should redirect to this new URL.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply if/when the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Robert

Hi,
    You stated that /event/slug/2016-11-07/ gets changed to /event/slug-2016-11-07/ after it gets broken out of the series. You then said that you have logged an internal bug/ticket that it should redirect to this new URL.
    Do you mean that it is currently changed to /event/slug-2016-11-07/ after it gets broken out of the series or that it will do after this is fixed?
    Robert

Cliff

It currently gets that new permalink of /event/slug-2016-11-07/

However, I personally consider it a bug that /event/slug/2016-11-07/ continues to work and displays as if it isn’t broken out from the recurrence series. I reported/suggested to our developers that this is a bug (it shouldn’t display incorrectly like it’s part of a recurrence series), and that a valid resolution to the issue besides throwing a 404 error would be to redirect to the new permalink (e.g. /event/slug-2016-11-07/)

I cannot guarantee that’s the solution that will eventually be implemented, but I’d be surprised if our management team and developers disagreed this is a bug and that this is a valid solution.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Robert!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-july-2018/

Please also note that we have subsequently shipped a hotfix for The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-20-1-events-calendar-pro-4-4-29-1-and-event-tickets-4-7-5-1/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Event permalink’ is closed to new replies.