Event Order and Attendees numbers not matching. Big issue

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Order and Attendees numbers not matching. Big issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Johanne
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been using your plugins for over a year now and finally bought them hoping that my problems would resolve once all plugins are up to date. Wrong.

What is very annoying is that your order numbers don’t match Woocommerce numbers. When people cancel or refund, numbers do not change leaving you with three different numbers. Is there a way I can manually change the numbers?

This problem is huge because if I want other organizers to host their events and sell tickets on my site, the number has to be right. Or else it looks like I’m scamming them.

What is the fix?

George
    Participant

Hey Johanne,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am very sorry to hear about these issues!

We don’t have reports of order numbers being mismatched at this time, so there may be an issue happening specifically on your site.

To help us get started here, I am wondering if you can share screenshots of the various “numbers” you are referring to just to make things clear and to help me be certain I am helping you!

For example, you say this:

What is very annoying is that your order numbers don’t match Woocommerce numbers.

☝️ 1. Can you please share a screenshot of one of our order numbers, and then a screenshot of the WooCommerce number it does not match with?

When people cancel or refund, numbers do not change leaving you with three different numbers.

☝️ 2. Can you share a separate screenshot for each of the three different numbers you are referring to here?

I realize that I am asking for five separate screenshots here (2 for question #1 above, 3 for question #2 above), and that is a lot — I apologize to ask this of you. However, it will help clarify your specific problems so that I can deliver more effective assistance here.

You can share screenshots by uploading the screenshots to this thread. If you have issues with that, you can upload to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.

Thank you so much!
    George

Johanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Johanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Johanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Johanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Johanne
    Participant

Hi George!

Any update on this? I’ve read some more documentation and I saw that when orders are refunded, they are not automatically refunded in Event Tickets Plus. this may be the reason to some of my number issues.

I have another event going on and I will check the numbers diligently to see if any errors occur.

Let me know if you have any news.

Thank you!

Jo

George
    Participant

Hey Jo,

I apologize for my delayed response, but have not made much headway here.

There is another bug that has emerged with Event Tickets Plus related to orders being marked “Complete” successfully, and I’m wondering if this is related here.

To test this, I’m curious: If you create an event with different types of free test tickets on your site, and then “buy” these tickets and manually mark their WooCommerce orders as “Complete” in the wp-admin, does this seem to work well in terms of having all of the order numbers consistent?

Next, can you also confirm what payment gateways you’re using with your ticket sales? Are you accepting payments via PayPal, for example?

Thanks so much for your patience,
    George

Johanne
    Participant

Hi George,

I’m using your PayPal Split Payments with Event tickets Plus and I’m using PayPal Pro for credit card transactions.

To test this, I’m curious: If you create an event with different types of free test tickets on your site, and then “buy” these tickets and manually mark their WooCommerce orders as “Complete” in the wp-admin, does this seem to work well in terms of having all of the order numbers consistent?

If I understand well, numbers do show right in Wocommerce. these are the numbers I’m using to keep track of my stock numbers since this doesn’t change when someone purchase through PayPal split Payments due to IPN not triggering.

Keep me updated

Thank you

jo

George
    Participant

Hey Jo,

You mention IPN not triggering:

1. How did you determine this was the problem?

2. Event Tickets Plus has no role in the IPN process. This is something WooCommerce and PayPal handle. Have you opened support tickets with either entity about this? If not, I would encourage you to do so.

Thanks!
    George

Johanne
    Participant

Hi George,

I just wanted to give you some insight on this past event I held.

1. When a customer uses a coupon, the Order page still says they paid the full amount.
    2. When orders don’t go through Paypal (happen a lot) people choose credit card. (I am using PayPal Pro) When they finish their transaction, their Attendee information does not appear as a dropdown in the Attendee List Page.
    3. Right now I have 94 tickets sold by Woocommerce. But your reports show all kinds of numbers

I hope this is resolved soon as is makes it very difficult to pump out reports and trust the numbers I see.

I did research to find out what could cause the order not changing status. I thought maybe it was the IPN but it works fine with my PayPal Pro account. So there is something wrong with your Paypal Split Payments that does not trigger with Woo.

I understand Paypal is out of your control, but the plugin has PayPal integrated into it so the responsibility falls on your team to fix this problem.

Thank you for your time

Cheers

Jo

George
    Participant

I appreciate this information and am discussing this issue with another developer on our team; stay tuned for a more substantive update from me here.

— George

Cliff

Hi, Johanne.

I’ve reviewed the information you shared in this thread. Thanks for your detailed reports. This is a complex topic so I’ll approach it from multiple angles.

===

We do have some existing known bugs with Event Tickets Plus (ET+) and WooCommerce in regards to stock/inventory and sales reports. Here are some that may be affecting the way your site is operating:

• stock count decreases before order is marked Complete
    • possible to add more quantity to the cart than total number of tickets remaining available (uncommon/unlikely checkout process to allow this)
    • refunded orders do not have global stock increase when told to
    • sales report not reflecting coupon value
    • inconsistent accounting of what counts as a “sale” — in some places it includes all sales (even if canceled) and in other places it only counts non-canceled orders

If you think one or more of these bugs is your issue, please specify which one(s). Also, if the bugs listed here are your issue, you wouldn’t need to go through our troubleshooting steps because someone else already has to allow us to reproduce it and eventually code a fix for it.

===

As George pointed out,

Of course, we hate to see any users experiencing issues like this. Unfortunately, there are several complex moving pieces for your specific site:

• You are not using a WordPress default theme (like Twenty Seventeen).
    • You have 47 active plugins.
    • Polylang (3 of your plugins) may be at play here, since our plugins do not have native Polylang support
    • You have over a dozen WooCommerce-specific plugins.
    • I see you have the PurchaseRoles plugin. Although I’ve never heard of it before, it sounds like it could also be at play.

Each of our users’ sites are setup differently, and each site has a different configuration of each active plugin.

This is why we can really only help with default configurations.

===

Specific to Event Tickets (ET) / ET+, we let the eCommerce plugin handle what it can handle: collecting the money and managing each product’s inventory. ET/ET+ handles the transaction up to the point of adding a WooCommerce product to the cart. WooCommerce (and its add-ons if applicable) takes it from there. We ask users to deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default theme to get around such complexities.

At first glance, we know some users consider this to be unreasonable, but it can also be considered impractical for us to ensure our plugins work with every other server setup or plugin and theme setup possible (including multilingual, eCommerce, customizations, etc).

Most web hosts nowadays provide a way to copy your production site to a staging or development site, and this is the right way to handle our request to deactivate other plugins, switch to a default theme, and other troubleshooting steps we advise.

Really, when we ask you to do this, we’re hoping you discover the exact combination of things that causes the issue so that we can address any reproducible plugin or theme conflicts. If it’s something we can do better, we’ll typically do it even though it’s not a true bug in the code.

I hope this thorough explanation provides you some additional context to understand the why behind the what of asking you to go through our troubleshooting steps… and with that, here are our recommended troubleshooting steps:

Please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions:

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

===

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Order and Attendees numbers not matching. Big issue’ is closed to new replies.