Event Importer stopped working again

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Importer stopped working again

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Rachel.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi there,

I opened a ticket a few months ago when our site stopped importing events.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-aggregator-not-importing-anymore-and-other-bugs/

I was instructed to revert back to the Events Cal 4.6.7. That seemed to fix the problem for a while. While running updates, I guess I accidentally updated the plugin to the newest version a little while back.

We just realized that events stopped importing recently. I’m not sure if it stopped importing before or after the update, but I reverted back to 4.6.7. This time it did not fix the issue. Most of our event feeds are getting stuck and not completing.

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

Can you try reverting back to 4.6.7 and then creating a new import.  Does that import work as expected?

If not, can you provide me with an example of one of the URLs that you are having difficulties with?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Rachel
    Participant

OK it worked that time with 4.6.7! Thanks.

Rachel
    Participant

Actually when we did that, the shortcode we’d been using stopped working, so just this displayed on the front end:
    [tribe_events]

So I had to update the Events Calendar again, which stops the imports from working. Any idea when this import bug will be fixed?

Hi Chris,

I’m sorry to hear that rolling back to a previous version did not work for you.

Shortcodes should be working as expected in version 4.6.7.  What was the exact shortcode that you were using?  And can you link me to the page where that shortcode is used?

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on when the import bug will be resolved, but your previous thread was added to the bug report so that you would be notified when a fix becomes available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Rachel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rachel
    Participant

Also, I’m trying to run some tests on the importer, but it won’t let me run any more imports because “The daily limit of 100 import requests to the Event Aggregator service has been reached. Please try again later.”

None of those 100 imports appear to have been successful, so I guess they kept retrying until the limit was reached.

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately we cannot log in to your site per our Support Policy, but I will do my best to assist you here.

For the shortcode issue, does this issue resolve if you update the plugin back to the most recent version?

Also, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

In the meantime, here is our knowledgeable article on how import limits work:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Rachel
    Participant

I deactivated all plugins (except for Modern Tribe Events Cal related ones) and switched the theme to Twenty Seventeen, but the shortcode issue was still happening.

I had already reverted the Events Calendar back to 4.6.7, so I tried also reverting the Events Calendar Pro a few versions back, and the shortcode started to work again. So it appears to be an issue between different recent versions of your plugins.

It seems we can’t update the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro and still use the Events Importer?

Also, I still can’t attempt imports on either site (live or staging) because it gives me this error:
    “The daily limit of 100 import requests to the Event Aggregator service has been reached. Please try again later.”

As far as I can tell, there are 40 scheduled but 0 successful imports on either one. So we should be well below our limit, right?

Hi Chris,

What is the exact shortcode that you are using?  I’d like to try to test if this works on my end as well.

The issue related to Event Aggregator that was present in your previous thread is still present, which is why you are still seeing that issue.  However it seems that this is now causing an issue with your shortcode as well, is that correct?

If your imports are not working, they will continue to run and attempt to work, which may be why you are reaching your limit without any successful imports.

In the situation where you reverted a few versions back, and the shortcode started working, did your imports work as expected as well?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Rachel
    Participant

OK now it seems to be working (both the import and the shortcode) with the latest versions. I didn’t change anything on our end other than updating the plugins again. I see there were some bug fixes April 18th that might of fixed our issues?

Thanks for your help.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since this issue has been resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Importer stopped working again’ is closed to new replies.