Event Aggregator not importing anymore, and other bugs
For months, I’ve been having minor issues with the Event Aggregator–for example, certain feeds always create duplicate organizers and venues, and when deleted, they always reappeared.
So I updated to the latest versions of all the Events Calendar plugins and stopped the scheduled import. After adding a new event to our Facebook page, I ran an “On Demand” import and the progress bar just spun. I’ve tried repeatedly at different times, and it always takes forever and then eventually fails.
I moved the site to a staging server so I could test for plugin and theme conflicts, but it’s still the same issue.
We have numerous other feeds from Facebook, some of which still work whereas others fail. They used to all work a couple weeks ago. I suspect it was the update that messed things up, but I’m not sure.
Thanks for your help.
Ok thanks! I downgraded and now the imports seem to be working as before.
I originally updated all the plugins because we’ve been having issues with duplicate organizers and venues for imported events, and other weird inconsistencies. We’ll be checking over the next few days to see if those issues are still showing up.
Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which this issue is no longer present.
Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/
Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for your site.
The importer was working for a bit, but when we checked yesterday all of the recent imports were stuck at pending or failed. It looks like the last one imported 5/18.
We didn’t make any changes to the site around then, other than updating to the latest versions of the Events Calendar and Pro on 5/15. But it worked for a few days after that before stopping again.
Any idea what’s up?
Sorry for my delayed response. I somehow missed your reply notification.
There aren’t any errors on the Importer System status (other than Meetup not being connected, but we aren’t using that–just Facebook).
Here are a few sample links that aren’t working for import–there are lots of others:
A number of new restrictions were applied to Facebook’s Events API, which is the specific protocol Event Aggregator uses in order to import events, organizers and venues.
Facebook have started to open up the approval process through which apps like Event Aggregator can be granted fresh access to their APIs. This is an encouraging step but we are still waiting on a decision being made in relation to our own applications. You will find more information about this subject in the following link:
In the meantime, you can import events by marking them as “interested” and following the steps described in this article:
To get the ical link, just right click “Upcoming Events” and copy the link address. The format will be something like:
Replace webcal with https and use the Event Aggregator “iCalendar” option to import your Upcoming Events. Please note that this option won’t allow you to import event images.
I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team
The topic ‘Event Aggregator not importing anymore, and other bugs’ is closed to new replies.