Event Calendar Times Displaying Incorrectly in Google Search Results

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar Times Displaying Incorrectly in Google Search Results

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wanderingcooks
    Participant

Hi

The Calendar Events on our website – http://wanderingcooks.com.au/whats-on/whats-on-calendar/ show different start times in Google search results. Each event appears to be displaying 4 hours later the actual event (in Google), the website times are correct. I had a look at our universal Time in the WordPress settings and it did say UTC +6 which I have changed to Brisbane time, however I’m nervous to make any more changes without getting some feedback. Could you please advise?

I’ve attached a screen shot you can see the search results display 9pm – should be 5pm etc.

Cheers

Hi Angela,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Once you’ve made the timezone changes on your site so everything displays correctly on your site, I’d recommend you start off by asking Google to recrawl your site.  In other words, you can ask Google to essentially rescan your site, which should hopefully cause the times to change in a Google Search.

You can follow this article from Google about how to do that:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

wanderingcooks
    Participant

Thank you but please note – everything is displaying correctly on the site.

Google Search results display the event times incorrectly. I have seen a couple of other similar help desk requests with people experiencing a similar issues however the replies went private so I am unsure how to proceed.

Hi Angela,

The article I provided above from Google explains how to recrawl your site when everything is displayed correctly on your site, so that is still a viable starting point if you are up for it.

I’d also recommend settings up a Google Webmaster account (if you don’t already have one), so that you can further troubleshoot there as well.

Also, if you could link me to the threads that you are referring to, I could take a look at those as well.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

wanderingcooks
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Cheers for that. I’ve asked Google to re-crawl the site as you suggested and resubmitted a site map, I did it several days ago but Google still displays incorrect event time. I do have a Google Webmaster Account and tried a couple of things but the issue is still persisting. 🙁

Here was one similar query I found on your forums – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wrong-time-zone-on-google-search-event/

There were also these which suggest issue was to do with a bug that was being fixed. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wrong-dates-in-google-search-results/

Thanks

Hi Angela,

Sorry that this hasn’t worked for you so far.  There isn’t currently a bug report on this issue and I cannot reproduce the issue on my own, so let’s try to keep troubleshooting.

Another thing to try would be to contact your server host and change the timezone there.  I see that it is currently set to UTC.

You can also contact Google and see if they have suggestions for troubleshooting this issue.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

wanderingcooks
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I’ve done both these things you’ve suggested. Google Webmaster forums have suggested something about the structured data having 40 markups as hentry however I’m not sure what this means or where to start.

I’ve also updated WordPress, and all my plugins plus looked through quite a few Help desk posts here on the issue and spent hours trying to find a solution, but none seem to be resolved really.

On this thread it says there has been a fix for the issue in a previous version but I’m running the latest https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/time-zone-2/

Any other clues?

Cheers

Hi Angela,

As a next step, I’d suggest taking a single event as a sample and put it through Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool to see how it digests that URL.

If you do find some discrepancies there, please share a screenshot of the inaccurate test results and the URL that was tested.

Please also provide a screenshot of this event’s wp-admin event edit screen so I can see its date and time settings.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Times Displaying Incorrectly in Google Search Results’ is closed to new replies.