Event Aggregator: Wrong time using iCalendar-Import (Part 2)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator: Wrong time using iCalendar-Import (Part 2)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Dear Hunter/ Alexander,

I am still \”fighting\” with this problem which makes us a lot of manual work.

Have you any idea until when you could fix it?

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Michael

P.S. I saw too late that there was a reply in this forum, that this point has been fixed from your side, however it is till not working correct.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Michael, grĂ¼ss dich

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I’m sorry you are still experiencing this issue with the import.

As Victor said in the other thread a fix has been deployed for this issue.

I have checked and tested the feed url you provided in the other thread. The data in the ics file seems correct, it has the “Z” indicator at the end of the date/time, which means it is a UTC time.

Since there is no timezone defined in the file, this UTC timezone will be used when creating the event in your calendar.

Here is a screenshot what I get after the import for that specific event.

Cloudup eagtpez5xl4

There is a timezone setting for the calendar that should help you fix this. Go to Events > Settings > General tab> Timezone settings (bottom of the page) > Use the local timezones for each event.

That should show all events with the time they are set up with, regardless of the timezone. It is also recommended <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>not to</span> check the option “Show timezone”.

Does this help? Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Michael
    Participant

Dear Andreas

Thanks for your efforts trying to help me.

However I have still the same problem.

I try to import following iCAL-Link:https://member.etg-bb.ch/ical/?user=2569c33f7da1aa50c50102e94bafa79d&egs=30

This works, however I have still 2 hours time difference (so event 1 and event 2 starts at 11:15.

I have already activated the box “Use the local timezones for each event.”

Is there anything else I have to change or is it possible to arrange a Teamviewer-Meeting to solve this problem?

In my Calendar software I have no options to change the time Zone.

Thx for any support,

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

I’m really sorry, unfortunately we don’t provide support through Teamviewer, phone or email. But I will do all I can to help you resolve this.

Since in the source feed the dates and times are shown as UTC time and there is no timezone defined, this is all we can work with. If you manage to include the timezone information in the top of the file, that would change things a bit. This article has some good pointers for that.

I checked that feed and imported the first 2 “Gottesdienst” events (June 25 and July 2). They were imported with an 8:15 start and UTC timezone.

If I set “Use the local timezones…” then they show up at these starting times.

Do you have something different? Or was it different events?

At what time should the events start?

Do you have the current version of the plugins?

Could you please also share your current system information with me?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator: Wrong time using iCalendar-Import (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.