Event Aggregator vs Eventbrite Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Aggregator vs Eventbrite Tickets

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yuliya

Hi!

My clients (beinfinitenow.com) want to sell tickets to their events on their website and display them on the website calendar. The tickets are created through Eventbrite, but that’s not a requirement – they use Eventbritre for sales only and can forego this platform.

At first we used to pull events from Eventbrite directly – it did not give them the calendar, but the events had registration links.

Now we installed The Events Calendar and purchased the Aggregator. We got the calendar and imported all the Eventbrite events, but those events do not have the registration link.

So my questions is – did we buy the wrong product? Do we need The Eventbrite Tickets add-on instead? Or do we need both products to have the calendar functionality and the register/buy tickets button?

Please advise.
    Yuliya

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Yuliya!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Using Event Aggregator, you can import events from Eventbrite. However, you will need Eventbrite Tickets in order for the tickets to show up in the frontend of your site.

You won’t need both Event Aggregator and Eventbrite Tickets to import events from Eventbrite as you can import events from Eventbrite if you have an Eventbrite Tickets license.

Using Eventbrite Tickets, you will additionally be able to manage your entire event from your WordPress admin, including tickets. You can learn more about this > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-eventbrite-tickets/

I hope that helps! 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Yuliya

Thank you, Victor.

Do I need Event Aggregator license to display Eventbrite events in a calendar format or does Eventbrite Tickets allow it, too?

Best,
    Yuliya

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Yuliya,

My apologies for a bit of delay here.

You don’t need an Event Aggregator license, but you do need The Events Calendar plugin to be installed and active in order for the Eventbrite Tickets to work.

Let me know if any follow up questions 🙂

Best,
    Victor

beinfinitenow
    Participant

Hi, Victor,

I’m not sure you answered *my* questions, but if I got you right – if I purchase Eventbrite tickets only, I can display events from Eventbrite on my calendar (in calendar form) *and* my events will display a Register link?

If that is so, it seems that a couple of days ago we purchase a wrong plugin. In order to display Eventbrite tickets in the Events Calendar, we purchased the Aggregator. It does pull and display events, but the events have no Register link, and it us unacceptable to the business owners. Can we switch the license from the Aggregator to the Eventbrite Tickets to gain necessary functionality? How do we do that?

Thank you,
    Yuliya

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Yuliya,

if I purchase Eventbrite tickets only, I can display events from Eventbrite on my calendar (in calendar form) *and* my events will display a Register link?

Exactly! Your Eventbrite events will be displayed as any other event in your site and will show the Eventbrite tickets on the single event page.

Can we switch the license from the Aggregator to the Eventbrite Tickets to gain necessary functionality? How do we do that?

Yes, we can switch the license for you. In order to do so, we need you to either open a new topic in our Event Aggregator Help Desk logged in with the same account that holds the license, or to get in touch with us via our Contact Form. In any case, please request the license change you need to perform and we’ll be happy to do that for you.

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

beinfinitenow
    Participant

Thank you! I’ve opened a new ticket to switch the license. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/switching-license-from-event-aggregator-to-eventbrite-tickets/

Thank you for your help!
    Yuliya

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Yuliya!

Thanks for letting me know. I have already replied in that thread about the license switch.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread now, we can continue in the other 🙂

Thanks,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator vs Eventbrite Tickets’ is closed to new replies.