Event Aggregator Sync

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Aggregator Sync

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ricardo Leon

I read a post a while back that the Event Aggregator also allows sync of the calendar to ical.
    That Event Aggregator creates an ical subscription link so that new events added to the events calendar they automatically apear on the person’s device. Is that still the case?

Caroline

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for reaching out! This functionality is actually provided by the core version of The Events Calendar and does not require Event Aggregator to function properly. Simply grab the URL from the Export Events button when viewing your calendar in List View, then add this URL to your calendar application of choice! This will add the next batch of upcoming events to your calendar, and new events will be synced automatically going forward in time. You can read more about exporting events from The Events Calendar on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/exporting-events/

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns here! 🙂

Ricardo Leon

The article says this is a feature for pro but if also says you have go export every time.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/exporting-events

I want auto sync. So a user subscribes once and new events are added to their calendar automatically without the need to go back and export again . Is this supported or not – this is confusing.

Caroline

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for following up. If the Export Events button is used to download an ICS file for importing events, this static file will only contain the events that were fetched on that specific pass. However, if the URL for the Export Events button is added as a feed to your calendar application of choice, it will continually import newly-added events over time. I’ve gone ahead and flagged our documentation here to be updated so that we can provide some extra clarification. Thanks for bringing that issue to our attention!

Does that help to address your concerns here, or are there any other questions that I can answer for you? Let me know! 🙂

Ricardo Leon

Hi

I tried that

I added : https://ntxfwevents.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=list

To my calendar as a feed and I do not see new events.

Caroline

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for following up! I consulted another team member to get some more information on how our calendar feeds work, and it appears that our feeds default to a limit of 30 events at a time. As events pass, new events will be synced over to keep your calendar at 30 events. However, if you’d prefer to sync more events than this in a given batch, you can change this variable with a snippet. Adding this code to your theme’s functions.php will change the export limit to 200 events; you can change the number supplied to whatever you’d like to sync more or fewer events.

add_filter( 'tribe_ical_feed_posts_per_page', 'example_increase_ical_feed_posts_per_page' );

function example_increase_ical_feed_posts_per_page( $count ) {
    return 200;
    }

Let me know if this helps to resolve your lingering issues here! 🙂 Cheers, and thanks again!

Ricardo Leon

I can try that .. but I only have 10 events in my calendar now.

Ricardo Leon

I can try that .. but I only have 10 events in my calendar now and it is not working. So I should not be hitting that limit.

Caroline

Hi Ricardo,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having some trouble here. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue that you’re describing with your iCal link–when attempting to sync from this feed on a test application, all ten events on your site are appearing on the calendar. Since we’re unable to provide in-depth technical support here in pre-sales, I’d like to get you over to someone who can help with further troubleshooting! Would you mind taking a moment to submit a new post with the details of your problem on our WordPress.org support forum for The Events Calendar?

http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar

If you can, it may help to complete a round of conflict testing prior to opening a support request. Reporting the results of your conflict testing in your thread will save us a step and help us to get your issue resolved that much quicker! 🙂

Let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns here! Thanks again, and we’ll see you in the forums!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Sync’ is closed to new replies.