Event aggregator source back link and event aggregator license questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event aggregator source back link and event aggregator license questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eva

Hi there!

I have been a very happy user of the free events calendar plugin and am considering now to buy the event aggregator extension. I have two questions about that extension:

1. With the scheduled imports from Facebook, does the extensión pass on the original source URL? I would like to be able to link back to the source from each event on my site for legal reasons.

2. I am not sure how many imports I will end up using, if turns out that it’s more than the 100 of the basic license, how would an upgrade work? Would I have to pay a whole new license or is it possible to just pay the difference?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hunter

Hi Eva 🙂

Thank you for the kind words and we’re happy our calendar has served you well thus far! We appreciate you considering our premium plugins for your site. The answer to question #1 is yes, the source’s Facebook URL appears in the Website field for each event imported via Event Aggregator from Facebook. If you review our Add the Source Link of an Event Imported from Facebook Extension page, at the top it states:

Please note: This tutorial only pertains to our legacy plugin, Facebook Events. If you are importing with our new Event Aggregator tool, the website field will automatically be populated with the original event’s url.

Before Event Aggregator, we had a plugin named Facebook Events which imported events from Facebook. It was retired and it’s features incorporated into Event Aggregator. This Extension did exactly what you’ve requested, but is now a feature “baked into” Event Aggregator.

Should you need to upgrade to a different license, the process is very simple and outlined in our Upgrading a license tutorial.

Please let me know if you’ve got any additional questions and enjoy the rest of your day. Cheers!

Eva

Hi there! I have a big trouble. For the last months I was sticking with an old version of the events calendar, now I updated on a local install in order to test everything before I buy the aggregator and it turns out that the importer does not allow as many columns as before anymore! There is no scrollbar to see more columns and also there is no checkbox like before that lets you know that there are no column names in the file. I wrote to the support forums about this 5 months ago when I decided to wait so you guys can fix this but it seems all the same… 🙁
    This is the original post:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/csv-import-broken-in-4-3-0-1/
    I can’t update and therefore I can’t use aggregator if I get less columns.
    Please help!

Hunter

Seeing we’re in the Pre-Sales Questions Channel and the conversation has shifted towards technical support, I’ll need to ask that you create a thread in the PRO forum (if you have a valid license) or over on our WordPress.org support page for The Events Calendar.

Thanks for understanding and I’ll keep an eye our for your thread. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event aggregator source back link and event aggregator license questions’ is closed to new replies.