Error while updating plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error while updating plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ron
    Participant

Hello, I was updating our plugins this morning and I saw the following error in the log of the server:

AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Error while making ‘tec.admin.front-page-view’: Class Tribe__Events__Admin__Front_Page_View does not exist’ in /var/www/html/mainsite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/vendor/lucatume/di52/src/tad/DI52/Container.php:348\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/mainsite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/vendor/lucatume/di52/src/tad/DI52/Container.php(281): tad_DI52_Container->resolve(‘tec.admin.front…’)\n#1 /var/www/html/mainsite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Container.php(176): tad_DI52_Container->make(‘tec.admin.front…’)\n#2 /var/www/html/mainsite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Front_Page_View.php(9): tribe(‘tec.admin.front…’)\n#3 /var/www/html/mainsite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php(717): Tribe__Events__Front_Page_View->hook()\n#4 /var/www/html/mainsite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php(345): Tribe__Events__Main-…\n’, referer: https://www.necc.mass.edu/wp-admin/network/update-core.php?action=do-plugin-upgrade

Any idea?

Hi Ron,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Also, can you try deleting the plugin and updating manually, via the following tutorial:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Ron,

Unfortunately system information doesn’t carry over from one thread to another, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Have you been able to try deleting the plugin and updating manually, via the following tutorial:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ron
    Participant

That did not help. Is there a way I can get another support person? It is nothing personal, but as a customer I don’t feel comfortable with this support. I expect a more pro-active help and so far I have not received any clear guidance on what to do with this error. I would suspect that I am not the only one with this issue, especially with the nature of the error, and the error message should be providing enough information of what’s happening.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Ron.

Hi Ron,

I’m sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the support that you have received so far.  You are welcome to open up a new thread with the same issue, although it will go to the end of the list.

If you’d like to continue troubleshooting here, I’d recommend going to a bare install (WordPress theme like twentyseventeen and no other plugins installed) and try to update there.

If you still see the error, I’d recommend temporarily removing any customizations as well.  Also, do you have your main calendar page set to the homepage?  If so, that may be causing the issue for some reason.

Let me know how all of that goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Error while updating plugin’ is closed to new replies.