Error syncing to Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Error syncing to Eventbrite

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s what happened:

An organizer is required

This is the error message I receive when I try to add an event to Eventbrite. I have all of the fields filled correctly, and I have an Organizer selected. All plugins are up to date and my licenses are valid. Please help!

Hunter

Hey Ryan 🙂

Sorry to hear about the issue! I just tested to see if I could reproduce the issue but was unable to do so (see screenshots below).

Can you please confirm the issue still occurs while testing as outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide?

Let me know and also include your System Information as a private reply. Thank for reaching out and have a great Tuesday.

Cheers!

Ryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Ryan,

Welcome back! I took a look at your System Info but don’t see anything that stands out. Do you happen to have a test/dev site you could try and replicate the issue on? You may need to update your ‘Active URL’ field in your TEC account, instructions on how to do that can be found here.

Thank you for keeping me updated and have a good rest of your day.
    Cheers!

Ryan
    Participant

So, I tried adding the events on a different site and I could not replicate the issue, events were sent over to Eventbrite without any issues.

I was able to add an event, and it did sync to Eventbrite only after I deleted all of my saved Organizers form TEC, and created a new one on the Event page.

However, when I tried to sync a second event, the error came back. I repeated the previous steps (deleted all Organizers, added a new Organizer on the Event page) and I was able to sync the event to Eventbrite.

This method of deleting Organizers and adding a new one every time I need to sync an event is not going to work for me, I have a few dozen events to sync to Eventbrite.

With this new information, can you take another look and see if there is something that can be done to correct this issue?

Thanks,

Hunter

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for the in-depth response and taking the time to test so thoroughly. Does the issue occur when WPML is deactivated? Additionally, are you running WPML on the test site you’ve created? There could be a potential issue in play with the Eventbrite plugin and WPML, so let’s see if we can narrow down the source even further.

Thanks again for keeping me updated and working with me on the issue. Take care and enjoy your Thursday.

Ryan
    Participant

I initially tried disabling all other plugins and reverting to the twenty sixteen theme and it still was not working. I just tried disabling WPML and I get the same error as before.

Hunter

Hey Ryan,

My apologies for the delayed response here. You might have to try and reproduce the issue on a fresh site that doesn’t include WPML. Reason being is (I believe) WPML creates a number of posts behind the scenes for each translated post, so you’d really need to deactivate it ​and start again with a new event, venue, organizer, everything.

I know this is a strange and not ideal “answer”, but based on my discussions with other support team members, this is the most likely scenario you’re facing.

Keep me updated with your findings and thanks again for the patience exercised on your end. Have a great day 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Error syncing to Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.