Error Initializing Tribe Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error Initializing Tribe Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pylon
    Participant

Client set up some draft events a while back and has returned to try and edit them, to no avail. Site was running Avada 5.0.6 child them and latest WP.

Trying to choose to view certain admin screens and end up either on a blank page at http://www.etal.org.uk/wp-admin/admin.php or get directed to the ‘all posts’ page. E.g. I want to access theme options but can only view the themes screen?

I renewed calendar Pro licences this morning to check if that was the issue, but no change.

I then assumed this was a memory issue. I already have the following in root php.ini file:

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
    max_input_time = 180 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
    memory_limit = 512M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (1Gb)
    file_uploads = on ; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads
    upload_max_filesize = 30M ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files
    max_input_vars = 1824

I also have the following in wp-config.php:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );

I also have the following in .htaccess in root:

RLimitMem max

http://www.etal.org.uk/phpinfo.php is reporting memory_limit local and master at 512M.

So I started looking at the server error logs and all I see is:

etal.org.uk [Fri Apr 21 12:32:02 2017] [error] [client 52.91.17.177:35543] AH01215: the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Apr, 21st at 11:04:02 am: /home/sites/etal.org.uk/public_html/index.php

I’ve tried disabling all plugins except yours and a maintenance screen plugin (seedprod) and changining to default theme but this still dosn’t allow us tio edit events. I’ve then updated toue ECPro plugin to the latest 4.4.6 version and updated avada theme from 5.0.6 to latest 5.1.6, but this has not helped the problem either.

define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

I’ve added the above to wp_config.php but can’t see where it generates any errors to? Can you have a look or suggest what I might do.

Cliff

Hi, pylon.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this, and thanks for the detailed report here.

Since you have WP_DEBUG_LOG enabled, it would create a new file at /wp-content/debug.log. If there’s no file there, there aren’t any WP_DEBUG messages happening.

Regarding your php.ini file settings, some hosts disable loading of such a file and therefore those settings might not even be taking effect. You should check with your web host if you have concerns about this.

However, I see this information from your system report via our plugin:

PHP
    max_execution_time = 300
    memory_limit = 512M
    upload_max_filesize = 30M
    post_max_size = 64M
    display_errors =
    log_errors = 1

When Googling for your issue, I came across this fairly-recent article. You may want to go through it thoroughly.

Please let me know how things go for you.

pylon
    Participant

The server error log is appearing because I had debug enabled in Calendar settings. Disabling it removes the ‘notification’ which is not an error apparently. See here.

Cliff

I’m sorry, but either you didn’t understand my message or I’m not understanding the context of your reply.

Please refer to this part of my previous reply:

I came across this fairly-recent article. You may want to go through it thoroughly.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

pylon
    Participant

Cliff

How frustrating – my previous reply was explaining that my initial suspicions that the ‘redirect’ issue and the ‘Initializing Tribe Events’ error appearing in the log was down to memory issues. I was clarifying that the ‘Initializing Tribe Events’ error appearing in log was due to debug option being active in your EC plugin and wasnt an error.

Yes, i read through your article, which provided rememdies for a scenario that I’m not expereiencing – I have no poblem logging in. But I have tried all those things suggested as they are fairly standard practice in troubleshooting a WP admin issue.

As this ticket is titled ‘Initializing Tribe Events’ and that part is explained (resolved), I’ve created a new ticket for the ongoing issue here and will close this ticket.

Cliff

Sorry for the frustrations here, Pylon, and thanks for clarifying the situation.

Have a great day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Error Initializing Tribe Events’ is closed to new replies.