Events Calendar Pro hampering admin screens

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro hampering admin screens

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pylon
    Participant

(This is a development of ticket here as I’ve discovered that wasn’t the problem)

Client set up some draft events a while back just before Easter and had returned to try and edit them, to no avail. Site was running Avada 5.0.6 child theme and latest WP.

Trying to choose to view various admin screens, we end up either on a blank page at http://www.etal.org.uk/wp-admin/admin.php or get directed to the ‘all posts’ page. E.g. I want to access theme options but can only view the themes screen?

I renewed calendar Pro licence to check if that was the issue, but no change.

I then assumed this was a memory issue. I already have the following in root php.ini file:

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
    max_input_time = 180 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
    memory_limit = 512M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (1Gb)
    file_uploads = on ; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads
    upload_max_filesize = 30M ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files
    max_input_vars = 1824

I also have the following in wp-config.php:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );

I also have the following in .htaccess in root:

RLimitMem max

PHP is reporting memory_limit local and master at 512M.

I contacted Theme Fusion who make Avada theme and they spotted that The Events Calendar was appearing in the error log and that I should contact you guys.

I’ve tried disabling all plugins except yours and changing to default theme but this still doesn’t allow us to edit events or access other admin screens. I’ve then updated EC to v4.5.0.2 & EC Pro plugin to the latest 4.4.6 version and updated Avada theme from 5.0.6 to latest 5.1.6, but this has not helped the problem either.

But I then noticed when I turned off EC Pro that I was able to access events and edit them and access other admin screens can confirm it is The Events Calendar Pro plugin that is causes the problem.
    When running all my usual plugins including The Events Calendar, everything is OK. But when I activate The Events Calendar Pro plugin, the problem is there. Possibly relevant, I can’t deactivate The Events Calendar Pro plugin by clicking deactivate. I have to select its checkbox then go to the top and select Deactivate from the drop-down and then hit apply. This then allows me to edit pages, posts and other admin screens as normal.

I’m running The Events Calendar plugin v4.5.0.2 and The Events Calendar Pro plugin v4.4.6. I was reading https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/version-compatibility/ and wondering if I should downgrade The Events Calendar plugin to v4.4.6 so it is compatible with The Events Calendar Pro plugin I’m using?

Happy to provide FTP & Admin access for you to have a look.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by pylon. Reason: Update info
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hello pylon,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing all those details! They help a lot in finding the issue. I’m really sorry about this issue with the admin screens.

I’ll start from the end.

Downgrading is one possibility. You can definitely test it, to make sure that it’s not a compatibility issue. I think however that it is not. We are just changing how our releases and versioning is done and from now on the version numbers are going to be skewed. TEC 4.5.0.2 is compatible with PRO 4.4.6

The fact that you cannot click on ‘Deactivate’ is suspicious. It could be that there was an issue when the update of Events Calendar PRO was running and it silently went South. So as a first I would try to delete the EC PRO pluging and re-install it from scratch. You should be able to download it from your account.

Also note that we have just released a new Maintenance Release today, so you might want to get the freshest versions. For the PRO plugin, just in case, I would still do a clean install.

Please give that a try that and let me know the results.

Cheers,
    Andras

pylon
    Participant

Andras

Thanks for all those suggestions. I tried them all but the issue persisted but I have now found the culprit!

Although turning on/off EC Pro would trigger the issue, I discovered an error in my .htaccess file that was actually the root cause of the problem. So I apologise to you guys profusely.

Reverting to a default .htaccess file solved the problem, then re-adding the old .htacesss commands one by one allowed me to identify the offender.

Thanks for your help once again.

Andras
    Keymaster

Pylon, I’m so happy you managed to find the source of the issue and your site is running as it is supposed to! Great job!

Can you possible share what line it was that caused the issue? It might help other users and us in the future. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro hampering admin screens’ is closed to new replies.