Error 500, calendar page blank

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error 500, calendar page blank

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    leemanpa
    Participant

My events page throws an error 500 and loads a blank page in Firefox, a ‘500’ error in IE. Individual events are fine.

leemanpa
    Participant

Anyone there???

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi leemanpa,

I’m sorry for the longer than usual waiting time. We are receiving an unusually high number of requests. Our team is doing its best to manage the load as fast as we can.

The 500 internal server error issue can be caused by a multitude of things, not excluding plugins.

There are several articles on the internet that can help you troubleshoot them, I personally used this one already several times, but any article on this list can be helpful.

If you suspect this is caused by a plugin, then the fastest way to go about it is logging into your ftp server and renaming the plugins folder under ‘wp-content’ to something else (like ‘plugins-old’).

If that fixes it, then there is an issue with one of the plugins.

The next step would be renaming the folder back to ‘plugins’ and doing a similar test with the plugin folders inside that one.

Let me know what you find and if I can be of further assistance.

Cheers,
    Andras

leemanpa
    Participant

It is not necessarily a ‘500’ error, as I stated in my OP it just gives a blank page in Firefox and Safari, source code of page is blank. It just shows a ‘500’ in Internet Explorer.

leemanpa
    Participant

I disabled EVERY plugin except Events Cal & Events Cal Pro. Still serving up a blank page.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for checking that!

If it shows a 500 error in IE, then it is likely the same in all browsers, they just don’t announce it.

I checked your events page now and it loaded. Did you manage to fix it in the meantime? Do you need any further help?

A.

leemanpa
    Participant

No, I just changed themes. If it will not work with the theme that I want to use, then there is really no pint in spending over $200 for your plugin. Your ‘premium support’ is really no support at all.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting back to me.

Your ‘premium support’ is really no support at all.

I’m sad to hear you see it that way. Until now I was doing my best to help you resolve your issue. All I had as a starting point is that you have a ‘500 internal server error’, so I suggested steps that can help figure out what is happening.

I’m happy you changed themes. That is part of your conflict testing procedure, which would have been my next request, but thanks to your pro-activity, curious nature, or both we are one step ahead. Good job on that one!

If it will not work with the theme that I want to use, then there is really no point in spending over $200 for your plugin.

You are absolutely right in that. I wouldn’t want to spend $20 on something that doesn’t work, or cannot be made to work.

Now that you figured out that the theme is causing the issue we can start resolving it and we can start to try to make it work. We can do that if you are also open and willing to, as I will need your help and cooperation in this.

As a next step I would like to ask for your system information, if you could share that with me  in a private reply that will also take us half a step further.

What theme are you using and what version? Are you using a child theme?

With this information in hand I will be able to assist your further in getting your site and calendar to work with the theme of your choice.

Let me know how you would like to proceed further.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Error 500, calendar page blank’ is closed to new replies.