Editing the ticket information in the event page gives me 500 error

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Editing the ticket information in the event page gives me 500 error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

Hi,

I have been having this issue from quite sometime now.

In the event page, on changing any information in the ticket, I can see a 500 internal server error. I tried all the possible solutions from various blog:

1) Increased the PHP limit
    2) Deactivated all the unwanted plugins
    3) Changed the theme
    4) Removed .htaccess
    5) changed the PHP version from 5.6 to 7 and vice versa.

I will share my test site credentials privately below along with the link to help you recreate.

Thanks

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Preethi,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue on your site.

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Preethi,

Given that you suspect a Javascript issue, as a next step, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I would really appreciate if you can log in to my test site and have look at the settings. I am tired of debugging and checking with you guys. I have paid the subscription and not getting enough support help. I have tried enabling debug, I couldn’t see anything work. I can’t afford to wait any longer to get this fixed. Please escalate it further if you need to.

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

In the page link shared above, I could also see that new RSVP is being created, and also successfully adds a fieldset, but fails to upload an existing fieldset.

Whereas while creating a new ticket, it does not save the fieldset, console gives me 500 error trying to achieve this.

I deactivated all plugins and changed the theme still ended up getting 500 error. I am sure the issue has nothing to do with plugins or theme. Please consider this ticket as a high priority

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Preethi,

It looks like there are updates available for your site.  Would you mind updating all of your plugins and then try to re-create the same issue to see if an issue still occurs.

In addition, can you take a screenshot of the errors that you are seeing?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Preethi Nagarajan
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I have already set the ‘Debug Log’ to true. I do not see any errors from there.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Editing the ticket information in the event page gives me 500 error’ is closed to new replies.