ECP causes URL issues / Invalid post type error when using tag filter view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP causes URL issues / Invalid post type error when using tag filter view

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

I came across this thread and I have the same symptoms:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/invalid-post-type-bulk-edit-post-tags/

I get the same error and in the same context. Login, click Posts -> Tags. Select link in ‘post count’ which then displays a filtered view of that specific tag. Then either A. try to search or B. bulk edit and you receive Invalid Post Type error.

When I deactivate EC, ECP and FB Events, the issue is gone.

The error seems to be related to the URL. For example:

http://sitename.org/wp-admin/edit.php?s=test&post_status=all&post_type=Array&_wpnonce=ad6033bdea&_wp_http_referer=%2Fwp-admin%2Fedit.php%3Ftag%3Dtag-name&action=-1&m=0&cat=0&seo_filter=&paged=1&action2=-1

Something is happening here where EC is changing the post_status to an Array, if you manually change it to ‘post’ then it works fine. Any thoughts on a fix here? Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Steve,

Thanks for reaching out—sorry to see that this issue has re-emerged! As you can tell from that older thread you linked to, this is a tricky issue, and even that thread didn’t come to a conclusive end.

Editing, searching, and all other activities with tags works fine for me without error. However, when I initially click to the list of posts filtered by tag (which you get to by clicking the “post count” link on the main Tags list like you describe), I get this PHP notice at the top of the page:

Notice: Array to string conversion in /Users/ggwicz/Sites/wp/wp-admin/edit.php on line 257

1. Do you get this same PHP notice?

2. Can you share your system information with me to help investigate further? Here’s how → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

3. Have the issues you describe here been happening since you first installed The Events Calendar and its related add-ons? Or have these issues only recently appeared?

Thank you in advance for this information. The fact that I can produce a PHP notice alone is already some progress on this issue, and I will create a bug ticket for this. With your information and some testing on my end, hopefully we can flesh out the full scope of this problem!

Thank you,
    George

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thanks for all of this information, @Steve. I was wondering if your Events Calendar plugin versions were all up-to-date, and they sure are, so from here I unfortunately can only think of one troubleshooting step worth doing: testing for conflicts.

I say “unfortunately” because for conflicts requires deactivating other plugins, and possibly even switching your theme. The process can sound altogether tedious….

However, in general it goes by much faster than it sounds! For your specific purposes, I would recommend these following steps:

• Head to the Plugins page in your admin. Deactivate all of the plugins on your site—ALL of them—other than just The Events Calendar and its add-ons.

Then check on the issue on the post tags page—does it persist?

• If so, then leave your site in this state and activate a default theme, too—Twenty Sixteen, for example. Then check on the tag issue.

Does the issue persist?

Let me know what you find if you can do these two steps!

Cheers,
    George

Steve
    Participant

Indeed it does. In fact I have narrowed the conflict down to Event Calendar plugin. It’s the only plugin activated, running twenty twelve and the error persists. If I deactivate the plugin, it works fine. EC Pro doesn’t seem to effect it either way.

George
    Participant

Thanks for confirming this and for sharing all of this information, @Steve!

I unfortunately have the same results I mentioned earlier; not quite the same bug experience you have, but still that PHP notice I reported….

So we’re unfortunately stuck with no immediate outcome here. I will make a bug ticket out of these reports and hopefully in an upcoming release we patch this up. In fixing that bug one of our developers might be able to reproduce the same behavior you have.

I’m sorry about this not-immediate resolution, but stay tuned to plugin updates going forward. If a bugfix for this is ever included, it’ll be mentioned in the plugin changelog or on http://theeventscalendar.com/blog

Let me know if there’s anything else I can try to help with in the meantime!

Sincerely,
    George

Steve
    Participant

Thanks, George. I appreciate your assistance.

I confirmed this issue is present on another server with different configuration today. Looking forward to a bug fix in the near future. Cheers.

George
    Participant

Excellent—between your two reports, and the original thread you shared from over a year ago, I’ve recorded a solid bug report and we can hopefully patch this up in an upcoming maintenance release.

I’m sorry that I do not have a specific ETA for such releases, but we typically publish a maintenance release once or twice a month. So, stay tuned to the resources I shared above for release announcements!

For now, I will close this thread just to keep things organized and to close this specific conversation—feel free to open new threads any time, though.

Thank you,
    George

Victor
    Keymaster

I just wanted to share that this issue was fixed in our latest maintenance release (for the Week of 18 September 2017)

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-18-september-2017/

Please don’t hesitate to open a new topic if you encounter any other issue.

Thanks,
    Victor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP causes URL issues / Invalid post type error when using tag filter view’ is closed to new replies.