EC Pro breaks the pagebuilder of Kallyas theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO EC Pro breaks the pagebuilder of Kallyas theme

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rufman
    Participant

After installing the latest version of EC PRO. my pagebuilder content options are not working anymore in the Kallyas theme.

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

Would you mind reviewing this screencast and let me know if the issue seen is the same as what you’re experiencing? Thanks and have a great rest of your day. Cheers!

rufman
    Participant

No this one is different.

When I try set the options of a pagebuilder element the options panel opens but gives a blank screen with a loading sign that keeps spinning. But no content will load.

See the screencast

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for the update. I’ll go ahead and log this behavior as a “bug” for now, but I can’t guarantee the developers will see this as a conflict on our end or the pagebuilder included in your theme. As mentioned in our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article, we are limited on support conflicts with themes other than those included with WordPress and plugins by other authors.

Before doing so, can you please further test to see if you can narrow down the exact source of conflict? More specifically, whether the issue occurs when both TEC and PRO are activated or if it only occurs when TEC is activated?

Once I hear back from you, I’ll mark this as ‘Pending Fix‘ and once the developers have time to review the report, we’ll have a better idea on how this will pan out. If it’s a conflict you’re unable to resolve yourself, please review our list of customizers for further assistance. Thank you and have a great upcoming weekend!

rufman
    Participant

It only occurs when PRO is active. TEC only has no issues.

So every time I activate PRO the issue comes up. When I deactivate PRO the issue appears.
    Hope this helps.

Hunter

Welcome back,

Your latest response was helpful. One last question: have you tried deactivating all plugins other than TEC, including PRO to see if the behavior persists? Thank you for the update and have a pleasant weekend ahead!

rufman
    Participant

Yes I did. But activating PRO makes the problem come up.

Hunter

Hello,

I hope your New Year is off to a great start! I’ve logged a bug for the issue you’re experiencing. I’m not sure what the developers will decide in regards to if the issue lies within our code or the page builder’s code, but if I get any more info on the matter, I’ll be sure to update the thread.

For the time being, I’ll mark it as ‘Pending Fix’. Please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Jim
    Participant

I don’t have help to offer, other than to say I’m having a similar issue, where Site Origin Page Builder is misbehaving in EC as of today’s update, but nowhere else on the site. Deactivating EC Pro didn’t help. My symptoms are that widgets insist on stacking vertically no matter how I divvy them up in rows. If I have a two-cell row, put an editor on the left and an image on the right, sometimes in preview the two widgets line up horizontally as they should. If I add another image widget on the right, in preview the editor content goes all the way across the page and the images are stacked below. If I delete the second image, whatever broke stays broken: the single image is now stacked under the text that cannot be narrowed by manipulating the row. In other attempts, the “broken” starts right from the get-go.

If I may be so bold, I do not think this is one where Site Origin is to blame, as it continues to work perfectly throughout the site for posts, pages, etc. There were even more problems before I updated EC today (gray box for Venue extended up into text/images, stuff was strewn around awkwardly) — that went away with the update but the stacking didn’t go away. I can go back to the WP editor for the moment, but it really isn’t the look I want. Please! Help!

Hunter

Hey @Jim,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing similar behaviors. Please create a separate thread and we’d be happy to help further investigate. Thanks and have a great evening 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which we are no longer able to reproduce the issue described here. This means that it may have been fixed before while working on other fixes/improvements.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-july-2018/

Please also note that we have subsequently shipped a hotfix for The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-20-1-events-calendar-pro-4-4-29-1-and-event-tickets-4-7-5-1/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Jim
    Participant

I admire the way you guys maintain human interaction with your users,
    strive to resolve all issues, keep everyone informed. A product is more
    than a product, it’s an experience, and you make the EC experience a good
    one!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jim!

Thanks so much for the kind words. I will make sure to pass this along to the team 🙂

It seems we are all set with this, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

As always, feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

By the way, how about leaving a review on our wordpress.org page?

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘EC Pro breaks the pagebuilder of Kallyas theme’ is closed to new replies.