Duplicates and more

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicates and more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Christoph
    Participant

I am very disappointed with the new Event Aggregator.

We have over 10.000 events in our database. Most were import with the facebook importtool from modern tribe.
    In most cases the new Event Aggregator doesn’t recognizes that the event is already in the database. The results are many dublicated entries.

Another big problem is the limit of 100 imports daily. The limitation was also not mentioned before the update. Otherwise we would not have installed it. We reach this limit after 2 hours. For a commercial tool this is intolerable. It is at least possible to buy more imports?

It is very important for us to import all new events from about 300 Facebooksites every day.
    I hope for a very quick fix

Joseph
    Participant

Yes, I have experienced the same issue. Event aggregator doesn’t seem to recognize that these events have already been imported and has created a TON of duplicate entries events. This is horrible.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Joseph.
    André
    Participant

Having the same problem here!
    Plus im not sure but it doesn’t seem to have an option to delete all events after a specific date to be able to import all of them again. Since manually deleting all the duplicates is an insane work to be doing one-by-one.

André
    Participant

Christoph Im also disappointed with the 100 limit.
    Im interested in importing around 350 imports. And i would like to continue using this tool but there’s got be some other options, cause this limit is way to small.

Leah

Hi Christoph and others,

Thanks for your posts. We are actively looking into the issue of the duplicated events and will keep you updated with our progress.

It would be helpful if we could understand more about what you are experiencing. We built in import tools to help folks move from the legacy importers to Event Aggregator- did any of you use the Migration options?

Migration notice

Christoph, you said that _in most cases_ EA wasn’t recognizing the event. If you have noticed any particular pattern, that would be useful to know.

Another big problem is the limit of 100 imports daily….It is at least possible to buy more imports?

We are planning to expand our offerings- upping the daily limit and/or providing additional license levels with higher limits. I appreciate you posting and sharing your thoughts here- knowing how people use the importer tools will help us plan for these changes.

Again, that you all for your input here- we’ll do our best to keep you updated as we address the duplication issue.

Cheers,
    Leah

Christoph
    Participant

Yes, I have use the Migration option.

I think I was wrong when I say “_in most cases_ EA wasn’t recognizing the event”
    Only 1 event which was imported with the new EA was updated.

The Frequency for updates is “hourly” in the standard settings.
    Who can I change the without open each of the over 300 entries?
    It is possible to switch of scheduled import completely?

Leah

Thanks for confirming Christoph. My testing shows that the duplication is occurring with Facebook events, but not with events that were imported via iCalendar.

The Frequency for updates is “hourly” in the standard settings.

I’m not sure what you mean- the default in EA is Daily, and I believe the default in Facebook Importer is Weekly. That said, if you had changed the Facebook setting to Hourly, then that’s how your Facebook imports migrated into EA.

Who can I change the without open each of the over 300 entries?

There isn’t a way to bulk edit the frequency like that, although it’s an interesting idea. I can certainly see how it would be particularly useful to folks migrating from the legacy plugins.

It is possible to switch of scheduled import completely?

Not at this moment- but again, that’s an interesting idea. If we pursue either of these, I’ll do my best to let you know.

Cheers,
    Leah

Joseph
    Participant

I use the facebook importer… everything is duplicated. Please resolve.

Leah

Hi again Christoph,

I spoke with one of our developers and we’ve devised a script that will allow you to change the frequency of all of your Scheduled Imports at once via MySQL. You can change the ‘daily’ in line one to any of the following options:

• on_demand [only runs manually]
    • every30mins
    • hourly
    • weekly
    • monthly

[code language=”sql”]
    SELECT @frequency := ‘daily’;

REPLACE INTO wp_postmeta (
    meta_id,
    post_id,
    meta_key,
    meta_value
    ) SELECT
    meta_id,
    post_id,
    meta_key,
    @frequency
    FROM
    wp_postmeta pm1
    WHERE
    pm1.meta_key = ‘_tribe_aggregator_frequency’
    AND EXISTS(
    SELECT
    FROM
    wp_postmeta pm2
    WHERE
    pm2.post_id = pm1.post_id
    AND pm2.meta_key = ‘_tribe_aggregator_origin’
    AND pm2.meta_value = ‘facebook’
    )
    AND EXISTS(
    SELECT
    FROM
    wp_postmeta pm2
    WHERE
    pm2.post_id = pm1.post_id
    AND pm2.meta_key = ‘_tribe_aggregator_type’
    AND pm2.meta_value = ‘schedule’
    );

UPDATE
    wp_posts
    SET
    post_content = @frequency
    WHERE
    EXISTS(
    SELECT
    FROM
    wp_postmeta pm2
    WHERE
    pm2.post_id = wp_posts.ID
    AND pm2.meta_key = ‘_tribe_aggregator_origin’
    AND pm2.meta_value = ‘facebook’
    )
    AND EXISTS(
    SELECT
    FROM
    wp_postmeta pm2
    WHERE
    pm2.post_id = wp_posts.ID
    AND pm2.meta_key = ‘_tribe_aggregator_type’
    AND pm2.meta_value = ‘schedule’
    );
    [/code]

As an additional update, we have identified the problem causing the duplicate events and are looking into possible solutions.

Best,
    Leah

Christoph
    Participant

Hi Leah,

thanks, your script is working.

I’m not sure what you mean- the default in EA is Daily, and I believe the default in Facebook Importer is Weekly. That said, if you had changed the Facebook setting to Hourly, then that’s how your Facebook imports migrated into EA.

In the old facebook importer tool I had switchof the schedule import. This was unfortunately not taken into the migration tool.

Leah

Hi everyone!

Thanks to your reports, we were able to figure this out and get a fix in place. Please update to the new hotfixed version, The Events Calendar 4.3.0.1. It can’t fix your existing duplicates, but it should prevent it from happening any more.

If you experience any other trouble making the transition to Event Aggregator, please open a new thread and we’d be happy to help out.

Christoph- I’m glad to hear the script is working! If you want the imports to be saved but not running on a schedule, set them to On Demand. That way they’ll be saved but won’t run unless you click the Run Import row action.

Best,

Leah

Joseph
    Participant

This patch absolutely made it worse!! All my events have moved to “tribe-ignored”. None of my organizer links show the events anymore. There is no bulk restore for “tribe-ignored”. All upcoming events for organizers are now missing, even when restored. !!!!!!

Joseph
    Participant

AHHH!!! WORST UPDATE EVER! Now, when I re-run the import, all organizers are -Blank-. It is now updating all the existing events and changing the organizer to -Blank-.

Additionally, all the modifications I have made to the events are gone. I have affiliate links for events and custom fields for events. They have all been either made blank or the URL is now the facebook event url. No more affiliate links in URL. All event URLS have been replaced with FACEBOOK event URL.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Joseph.
    Joseph
    Participant

Instead of having us beta test this plugin (that is “release”), why don’t you go back to the original methods and plugins and do more testing. Please restore previous functionality as this is clearly not ready for prime time. I had to go and restore a site backup to clean up the crap that I now have in my events. Unfortunately, I cannot go back to before the Event Aggregator inclusion as I have done too much work since then.

Leah

Hi Joseph,

We want to help address these issues, but I will need to ask you to start a new thread so that we can focus on the issues you’re experiencing. It would also be helpful if you can provide some additional information so we can better understand what’s happening.

When you say all your events are in Ignored, are you seeing that for every single event, all imported ones, or all the duplicates?

I’m don’t understand what you’re reporting about your organizers- is the organizer field blank on your imported events? Or is it something with your organizer page?

When you start your new thread, please be sure to share your system information with us as described here. That will help us troubleshoot much faster.

Additionally, all the modifications I have made to the events are gone. I have affiliate links for events and custom fields for events. They have all been either made blank or the URL is now the facebook event url. No more affiliate links in URL. All event URLS have been replaced with FACEBOOK event URL.

Please go to Events –> Settings –> Imports and adjust your Event Update Authority setting. You can choose to have all your local changes preserved upon import.

Thank you,
    Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicates and more’ is closed to new replies.