Duplicate Events when using Community Events and Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Duplicate Events when using Community Events and Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth

Does the Community Events plugin have anyway to catch duplicate events? We normally import all church events from an excel spreadsheet. If we buy Community Events and allow people to add event info, I’m worried we’ll have duplicate events.

Caroline

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for reaching out! Our import tool Event Aggregator does detect duplicates when bringing in new events from external sources, but this logic isn’t applied to events submitted using Community Events. If you wish to ensure that users do not submit duplicate events directly to your site’s calendar, I’d suggest changing your plugin settings so that user-submitted events are saved as drafts before being posted to your site. This will allow you to review all submissions, make any necessary changes, and delete any duplicates before they are displayed to your site visitors. You can read more about configuring Community Events on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/community-events-settings/

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Events when using Community Events and Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.