Duplicate events from Google Calenar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate events from Google Calenar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Corry
    Participant

After updating the plugin the 4.5.9 I have noticed some events that were importing fine daily from the two calendars I have setup are creating duplicate events.

Below is the link to our website calendar where you’ll see the events in July that imported 3 times from some reason and I checked the source Google Calendar and there is only one event.

http://www.registrypartners.com/events/

Trying to figure out the best way to resolve this so that this doesn’t keep happening and I have to manually delete the duplicate events.

Thanks!

Courtney

Hello Corry

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

Also, when you view Events » Settings » Import » Event Update Authority, what is your site set to?

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Corry
    Participant

Thanks for this Courtney, I have deactivated the plugins and tested and still had no luck after manually running the import. My Event Authority is currently set to Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.

It was working just fine, I am including some screenshots as well. As you’ll see on 7/26 and before the imports were not importing anything new, only updates but now in the 2nd screenshot it appears to be re-importing the events and also updating some events strangely.

Hoping to get this resolved and get rid of all these duplicate events.

Thanks again!

Courtney

Hi Corry

I’d like to try running this import. Can you share the link to the calendar(s) you are importing from Google? You can mark this as a private reply if you prefer.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Corry
    Participant
    Courtney

Hi Corry

I just ran your imports on a local site and wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. I’d like to escalate this issue to one of our developers, but need a bit more information first.

Would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

Once you share your WP_DEBUG findings, we may be able to get an idea of any plugin or theme conflicts.

Please enable WP_DEBUG on your site. You’ll need to edit to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code: define('WP_DEBUG', false); to this: define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    (or add this line of code if you can’t find mention of ‘WP_DEBUG’ in your wp-config.php file)

If any errors do appear while navigating your site’s pages, please copy and paste them in their entirety into a new ticket reply — along with the URL of where you saw the error(s) — and make sure you set it as a Private reply.

===

If you don’t see any WP_DEBUG messages while browsing your site, could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Fifteen theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default Twenty Fifteen theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the Twenty Fifteen theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try re-enabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

===

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Corry
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Corry. Reason: Marking as private
    Courtney

Hi Corry

We can now confirm and are aware of this bug, and are very sorry this is happening to quite a few users. We have what we believe is the fix, we expect it to ship soon. We will notify you here as soon as that is available.

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Corry
    Participant

Thanks so much Courtney, glad other users are experiencing a similar issue so it’s nothing on our end. Should I just run my imports manually then and pause the future imports perhaps?

– Corry

Courtney

Hi Corry

That does sound like a reasonable solution for now. I expect this resolution to ship now within a day or so, but again, am not at liberty to make such promises. We very much want this solved soon!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Corry!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7 August 2017) is out, along with some Event Aggregator server improvements and fixes that solves this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Corry!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7 August 2017) is out, along with some Event Aggregator server improvements and fixes that solves this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Corry
    Participant

Thanks so much Victor, I did indeed update the plugin last week and the issue appears to be resolved!

Courtney

Thanks for the update Corry 🙂 We’re glad this is now working!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate events from Google Calenar’ is closed to new replies.