Download PDF not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Download PDF not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Math
    Participant

Hi

I’m not able to download PDF tickets. The error i’m getting is the file can’t be downloaded because it is damaged or corrupted.

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hello:

Our users receive this error when they are not logged on the web. If they are logged in, they can download the pdf through the link correctly.

regards
    ———

Hola:

Nuestros usuarios reciben este error, cuando no están logeados en la web. Si están logeados, sí pueden descargar el pdf a través del enlace correctamente.

Saludos

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

I forgot to comment that I had to disable the WP SUPER CACHE plugin

Math
    Participant

Even when logged still can’t download.

Cliff

Math, thanks for reporting your situation with the Show Print Tickets extension.

This sounds like an error with the PDF, which should be addressed to the DK PDF plugin’s support, if at all available.

To provide them with a useful amount of information to help you, you might first try setting your site language to English (if it’s not already) and follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins, and DK PDF in this case) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, if you find out something helpful, please report it back to us.

Antonio, thanks for sharing what worked for you. We have logged the feature request to make this work for non-logged-in attendees/respondents.

Math
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I’ve opened a ticket with DK PDF support but i see there are tickets that haven’t received responses from the author for weeks, i assume mine will take weeks as well. This leaves me in a dilemma.Are there any settings i should be aware of? what are the settings you use @ Modern tribe for this plugin?
    As a side note, i think you should re consider using 3rd party plugins such as these with poor support. The plugin might be great but it’s useless without good support backing it.

Please assist here.

Cliff

Extensions are free benefits that expand our “official” plugins with additional functionality. Sometimes we release an extension as a proof of concept for a feature; sometimes it’s because it has been determined to be out of scope for our official plugins (e.g. used by 1 out of 10,000 users).

Another example of leaning on other plugins to handle partial functionality is Event Tickets Plus leveraging WooCommerce or EDD instead of building our own checkout pages and payment gateways.

This particular third-party plugin, DK PDF, was chosen after evaluating probably a dozen or so alternatives. I’m sorry it’s not working for you, but I’m not sure why it wouldn’t be. In my testing, I didn’t change any of DK PDF’s settings from the defaults. Did you? Maybe playing with their settings can help.

Also, please share an annotated screenshot, screen capture video, and/or relevant URLs to clarify exactly what’s happening here.

Math
    Participant

Hi

Here’s a link to video. It takes 2min 6 sec to try to download the PDF, in the end it fails to download.

It’s been 5 days now still no response from DK PDF. This leaves me out in the cold with no solution from either side.

Cliff

Math, I didn’t get a link to your video. Could you please re-send?

Math
    Participant
    Cliff

I didn’t hear any audio in that video and it looks like it took a really long time to eventually get to a PDF URL, which is where it displays that error message.

Obviously, something isn’t right here. Therefore, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you find at /wp-content/debug.log (on your server via SFTP or cPanel File Manager) while purchasing and then trying to PDF-print a ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Math
    Participant

Hi

How do i downgrade to the previous version of this extention before DK PDF? this is not working for me.

Cliff

Math, I’m very sorry to hear this still isn’t working for you.

Let’s try this: install the Duplicator plugin and create a full backup (files and database — although you can exclude your uploads folder if it’s huge) and I can see if I can troubleshoot this for you on my localhost copy of your site… if you’re interested of course.

If you do want me to try this for you, please provide a download link in a Private Reply.

Math
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I downloaded it to take a peek, but it there were a lot of pieces there. Also, it’d be difficult for me to try to recreate/import your multisite network’s settings and then try to replicate this issue there.

However, I did see quite a few errors in the error_log. I’d recommend clearing all those issues up and, as I previously requested in bold, for you to do WP_DEBUG troubleshooting.

Once you no longer have any WP_DEBUG errors at all (which is how all production sites should be), if this extension is still not working for you, then we’d recommend following the Testing for Conflicts Guide (also previously suggested).

But, ultimately, if you just want to do without the PDF tickets functionality, then just uncheck that option in the settings.

Please let me know how things go for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Download PDF not working’ is closed to new replies.