Download PDF not working for logged out users, and more…

Home Forums Additional Help Extensions Download PDF not working for logged out users, and more…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

When I received the e-mail from the ‘suggest a feature’ page that the PDF tickets problem was solved I literally dropped everything and installed.

Although I really liked where it was heading I ran into two problems:

1. only works for logged in users so customers buying a ticket without registration can’t click the link since they’re send to the homepage. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

2. We use a child theme with the custom tribe-events folder to customize the tickets that are sent out (the whole idea off the HTML tickets right?). Unfortunately, when we have the custom email.php in the folder (updated but customized) the pdf shows up blank

Would be nice to have a fix or a solution for both! Good effort tho,

Cheers,
    Dirk

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We really appreciate your feedback on this!

1. only works for logged in users so customers buying a ticket without registration can’t click the link since they’re send to the homepage. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

Unfortunately, this is something that has not been taken into account, so I have created a bug report and linked this thread to it. The team will let you know as soon as a fix for it is released in a future version of the extension.

2. We use a child theme with the custom tribe-events folder to customize the tickets that are sent out (the whole idea off the HTML tickets right?). Unfortunately, when we have the custom email.php in the folder (updated but customized) the pdf shows up blank

I’ve tried making a template override in a child theme and it worked for me. What happens if you don’t override the email.php template? Does the pdf work or is it still a blank page? Let me know.

Thanks again for taking your time on reporting this.

Best!
    Victor

Dirk
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the quick respons.

1. Great, looking forward to the fix

2. When I don’t override, it works. It stopped working when I made a override ticket in the email.php which added a .jpg to the ticket. Maybe it’s caused by the picture?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk!

Thanks for coming back.

It’s strange that that the image could be causing trouble. I tried making a template override myself adding an image to every ticket and it worked for me.

You can try removing the image and see if it works. If not, then you should try making the template override in a default theme and see if it works.

Let me know how that goes. 🙂

Cheers!
    Victor

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you for looking into it. I’ll try again and see if I can make it work.

And looking forward to the logged out option of PDF 🙂

Cheers,
    Dirk

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk!

Just realised I never got back to you after your last message.

This thread is already set as “Pending fix” and we’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on it.

Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if any other question comes up.

No need to reply to this message in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

ANA
    Participant

+1 for enabling PDF download for logged-out users.

We sell tickets on our site and we do not require registration. Right now, I’m getting reports from customers that clicking on the download PDF link in their ticket email just takes them to our home page.

Looking forward to a solution that allows users to download PDF tickets without being registered and without being logged into the site.

Thanks,

Joe.

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Joe,

Totally agree, the idea was okay but the creation of the PDF solution brought more problems that solutions. We disabled it since it exploded the customer service e-mails.

Looking forward for a solution as well, perhaps and hopefully June 1st with the new updates.

Cheers,
    Dirk

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi guys! Thanks for chiming in! 🙂

I’ve just checked the status of this issue and we don’t have an exact date for when this issue will be address yet.

I will make sure your opinion on how this should work gets into the report.

Joe, to keep things more organized and get a more exact number of users who want this, could you please open a new topic and link this thread to it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to report this. We’d appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best!
    Victor

ANA
    Participant

Dirk – I just disabled PDF tickets too. So now I’m getting questions about page breaks when printing HTML tickets! Looking forward to an update that allows PDF download without being logged in.

Victor – Thanks for your reply. I just opened a new ticket as you requested. You’ll find it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/need-pdf-ticket-download-without-being-logged-in/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Joe, thanks for opening that new topic!

Dirk, don’t hesitate to ask any other questions and I’ll be happy to help as best I can 🙂

Cheers!
    Victor

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Victor,

No further questions, just waiting for a fix.

BTW, even when logged in it just redirects to the home-page url atm…
    DK PDF is installed and activated and the checkbox in Events settings is also check for using PDF. The urls of printen PDF are appearing in the ticket, but even logged in there’s nothing happening.

Cheers,
    Dirk

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk!

I’m sorry that is happening to you. That seems strange though.

I did a few test for myself and it works as expected for me.

As this is also a different issue, could you please open a new topic for it as well? When doing so, please let us know the steps you made for us to try and reproduce the issue.

Also, make sure you share with us your latest sys info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Victor

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We released the PDF Tickets extension recently: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Your issue reported here should no longer be a problem if using this newly-released extension. The View and Print Tickets extension is no longer supported.

Please replace it with our new PDF Tickets extension and let us know how things go for you.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Download PDF not working for logged out users, and more…’ is closed to new replies.