Do you guys provide these 6 features?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Do you guys provide these 6 features?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Arthur

Hello

Until recently, I’ve used Fooevents, but as business is growing, I’ve outgrown it.

I’m looking to upgrade from Fooevents to a more robust event/ticket management system that’s compatible with Woocommerce.

I don’t really care about how the events/tickets are created or managed on the admin side. The front-end user experience is most important to me, so all the features are based on the front-end user experience.

Please let me know which features your software can accommodate outside of the box, can accommodate with a little bit of roundabout usage, and cannot accommodate at all. Not having any one of these isn’t a deal breaker, as I’m sure all the places I’m talking to don’t have everything I need perfectly.

1. I have 3 main events, all repeated on an irregular schedule. For my users, it would be great to have a page that gives a general explanation of the event, along with signups to purchase tickets for different dates.
    For example:
    Event A is held on November 18, November 28, and December 10. I want to have a single page that describes Event A and has signups for november 18, november 28, and December 10 all on the same page. (For reference, please look at the image here: <link>)

If this isn’t possible, then I’d like to know the solution you have for displaying all the available dates of a single event.

2. I want to show calendars that display all events, filter specific categories of events, or filter specific events and their repeats (ex. All of Event A’s dates).
    – the user shouldn’t be able to change the view of the calendar.

3. I want to provide discounts for specific types of members on my site.
    – non-members should not see the discounted price
    – Integration with “Woocommerce Memberships” is a must.

4. Tickets selections should disappear/ not be accessible once the date of the event has passed
    – In the image linked above, this would mean that the red bar at the bottom of the image would disappear.

5. Events that are for specific members only should not be displayed to non-members (we can hide the whole description page along with the purchase buttons).

6. Upon reserving, tickets should be sent to the customer, and they can use the tickets when checking in to the event. (like scanning a code, or checking someone in manually from the backend. I’m assuming this will be an additional cost add-on).

This is a lot of stuff, and thank you for taking the time to read this message.
    I look forward to hearing from you!

Arthur Zetes

Cliff

Hi, Arthur. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite and for your detailed question.

1)

The image didn’t come through, but our ticketing product doesn’t currently support PRO’s recurring events.

If you start to create a ticket for a recurring event, there will be a little question mark notice that reads:

Currently, tickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

You should add your vote to this existing feature request for Event Tickets to support PRO’s recurring events.

Something some users are doing right now is using PRO’s recurring events to populate their events calendar but then breaking each occurrence from the series to turn them into single events — basically using PRO as an event generator but not actually using its recurring events functionality on the front-end. Others are just dealing with the tickets on recurring events even though you can’t then tell which occurrence they reserved the ticket for… use this information for your own reference but please don’t take it as any sort of recommendation.

2)

Our plugin creates one master calendar, but you can create the appearance of multiple calendars by using Event Categories.

Examples:

There are additional methods and documentation at our Can You Have Multiple Calendars? KB article.

Note that this functionality is available in the free/core version of The Events Calendar. You would only need to buy one of our add-ons if you wanted those extra features (e.g. Map View from Events Calendar PRO).

3)

We don’t have any native membership plugin integrations, but our Event Tickets Plus (ET+) product basically just sends the user from the event single page to the WooCommerce Cart page. WooCommerce (and any membership or other extensions) would take it from there, so you could apply some discount or display some coupon code if they were of a certain membership level.

4)

This is how things work by default.

5)

This sounds like a fairly straight-forward/easy code customization, but it’d be dependent upon which membership plugin you are using.

6)

Event Tickets Plus (ET+) is our paid add-on plugin that upgrades the functionality of our free Event Tickets (ET) plugin.

Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms. The free plugin only enables free RSVP-type tickets.

Our plugin uses your eCommerce plugin of choice, but your eCommerce plugin isn’t displayed for shopping pages. Please reference our Making Tickets KB article (screenshots are from an install using WooCommerce) for an idea how to create tickets for an event.

Site visitors would purchase tickets from each event’s single page/view (e.g. http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/) — if there is an RSVP to submit or ticket to purchase.

The order confirmation email will include a QR code that can be scanned to “check in” someone at the door at the time of the event. It could be displayed on their mobile device or they could print it like any other email. You can read more at Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees.

You could also Display a List of Attendee’s Events.

===

It sounds like we’d have most (if not all) of the functionality you’re looking for.

I definitely recommend Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets PlusFilter Bar would probably be a nice addition as well.

Depending on what you’d like to purchase, you might be interested in our Bundle pricing.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Arthur Zetes
    Participant

Hey Guys.

I followed your advice about downloading and testing the product, so I purchased both the calendar and tickets pro plugin.

I have Some questions about the functionality.

1)
    Currently when I make an event and ticket, the ticket is created in the woocommerce products list. This is fine, except the tickets aren’t put into specific categories.

This means that, by default, I can’t target tickets for discounts to members, going along with the functionality of woocommerce memberships.

The solution to this is to go into the backend and manually assign categories to every single ticket that is made.

Is there any way to automatically assign categories to a ticket?

2)
    Currently, the event page is set up nicely, but I’m looking for a slightly different functionality.

I host classes on an irregular schedule – the lesson content and place is always the same.

It would be great to have all the dates of the classes listed under the event description, where people can purchase on that page.

Is that possible?

There are two options for this:

I can list various tickets with the name of the class and date on the ticket name.
    But then when people by the tickets, the name will say 2017/11/23 14:00-16:00
    But the actually ticket body and email will have a different date and time showing.

I can create an event description page independent from the event page, and then include a list-view calendar at the bottom of the page using a shortcode.

But, this still requires the user to make two clicks (one to go to the event page for the specific date and then click to purchase the ticket), and I want to keep the system as use friendly as possible.

Is it possible to have this functionality in a less roundabout way?

Thanks!

Cliff

1)

Sure, but it would require custom code, which I can’t provide to you because it would depend on which category(ies) you want it assigned to… but here’s a starter snippet for you:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/5bffd372db4ebf14482574ce9bb2479c

2)

If you create a recurring event with PRO, you can add all the arbitrary dates you want but the title, description, Additional Fields, everything but the date/time will be the exact same — even if you change it in the future it will affect not only the ones going forward but also the ones in the past. Additionally, our tickets don’t fully work with recurring events.

You could have a non-recurring event (possibly in Draft status — sort of like a template event) and then use something like what’s mentioned at https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3874714-duplicate-events to generate each new event.

Our tickets aren’t reusable. If you have an event of “Our Great Play” at 1pm on Saturday with these tickets:

• Orchestra $50 (60 capacity)
    • Mezzanine $30 (100 capacity)
    • Balcony $10 tickets (70 capactiy)

And then you have the same play Sunday at 1pm with the same ticket options…

You’ll need to create a totally separate event and totally separate tickets. (You should add your votes to https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/15842926-duplicate-tickets)

We understand this can be cumbersome, but the reason this is required at this time is because say you sell 50 Orchestra, 80 Mezzanine, and 70 Balcony for the Saturday showing… we need a separate WooCommerce product for each ticket type for Sunday’s show because the capacity (WooCommerce’s “inventory” setting) needs to be reset.

===

To display all events at a certain location, you could actually link to the Venue single page (only possible in PRO), like yoursite/events/venue/venue-name

Because you said you purchased at least one thing from us, you now have an account with us. If you have any follow-up questions, please create a new thread in the applicable forum and keep each topic there to a single issue.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Do you guys provide these 6 features?’ is closed to new replies.