Do I need to buy Event Aggregator to replace Facebook Import?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Do I need to buy Event Aggregator to replace Facebook Import?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angela DeBernardo
    Participant

I previously purchased licenses for Facebook events and CSV imports along with my Event Calendar Pro product. A few months later, you released Events Aggregator. I’ve recently updated Pro to 4.4 and now I don’t have a working import events section. Do I need to have aggregator? I’m trying to import from Facebook pages.

I don’t see Event Aggregator in my available Downloads here on My Account. Not sure what to do.

Cliff

Hi, Angela.

You are correct that you now need Event Aggregator (EA), which has replaced Facebook Importer.

We granted EA licenses to you and others who purchased our now-legacy plugins.

You can get your EA license from https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/

One other thing I should note about Event Aggregator is that it is a service and is already built into The Events Calendar. In other words, there’s no need to install anything new. Simple purchase the license, enter the license key on the Events > Settings > Licenses screen, and that will unlock the importing features under Events > Import.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Angela DeBernardo
    Participant

So — I’m confused by the terminology on the Aggregator license. Do I only get 100 imports? Was that a stipulation with the Facebook events and csv import licenses? I import from 40 different sources, so there’s bound to be more than 100 instances, particularly if they are used up if they are scheduled to occur weekly.

I’m certain that I’d have used 100 already, and maybe that’s why my import panel shows only the drop down menu for “source” but nothing more. I can’t proceed on any additional imports.

Cliff

If you import from 40 sources once per day, that will be 40 of your 100 limit, regardless of the number of events coming in from each source. 100 per day.

One of the benefits of the 100 imports is that you can use the 100 imports across multiple sites.

Please visit the bottom of the wp-admin > Events > Help screen, the Event Aggregator System Status section and send me the screenshot if there’s anything odd there.

Angela DeBernardo
    Participant

I’m still unable to import events from Facebook. I can import from iCal links. What’s going on with Facebook? Here are a few screenshots, with the error I get trying to import from a single event page, a page url and also the info on my Events Aggregator help screen.

Any help appreciated. It’s a huge pain to type all these events in and add the images, and the FB import was a main reason I bought the product.

Cliff

Angela, I tested and it worked for me: https://cl.ly/1j440h1h1N3A

If you do that Facebook URL as a one-time import, does it also work for you, displaying the preview?

If not, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please re-share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Angela DeBernardo
    Participant

I figured it out!! The error was coming from Facebook, so I disconnected my Facebook in the API under settings, and then reconnected Events Aggregator. After it logged me back in to Facebook and indicated that Events Aggregator was connecting to FB, the imports worked.

Angie

Cliff

Great job, Angie.

Thanks for letting us know about the need to reconnect. We’ll keep an eye/ear out for that going forward.

Have a great rest of your week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I need to buy Event Aggregator to replace Facebook Import?’ is closed to new replies.