Display of Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display of Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Russell
    Participant

When refreshing my page the events seem to become all day events! I then go back a week or forward and they display fine but when refreshing again the same issue occurs – this is causing confusion.

Please advise.

P.S – You closed the previous call on this issue without any resolution!

Hi Russell,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

Just so you are aware, if a thread has no response for three weeks, it does self-close, which is what happened in your previous thread.

In any case, let’s try to start troubleshooting the issue again!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Russell,

Thanks for getting that information to me.

As a next step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Russell,

I understand where you’re coming from.  It is difficult for us to help out without knowing what things look like with a bare install on your end.

Another option would be for you to install the third-party plugin, Health Check, which can mimic a bare WordPress install while your site visitors still see your site the way that it normally appears.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Russell,

Unfortunately we cannot log in to your site per our Support Policy, but I will do my best to assist you here.

What did you find when you configured Health Check?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Russell,

With Health Check, you should see it listed in your Dashboard on the backend of your site.  First check the Health Check tab and see if there are any warnings there.

Then go to the Troubleshooting tab and Enable Troubleshooting Mode.  That can mimic a bare WordPress install to see if the issue still exists with a default WordPress theme and no other plugins installed.

Thanks,

Jaime

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Russell,

Unfortunately, I’m not seeing the screenshot attached, would you mind re-attaching?

Okay, so this indicates that there is a plugin or theme conflict here, since things work as expected when only our plugins are activated.  So you can enable one plugin at a time and see when things stop working as expected, which is how you know where the issue is.  Then you can try the same thing with your theme.

Our  testing for conflicts procedure can also provide some more information on that process.

Thanks,

Jaime

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Russell,

Great, thanks for providing me with that information.  Were you also able to test the scenario in Troubleshooting Mode, as detailed in one of my previous responses?

We had previously determined that this was a plugin or theme conflict, since everything works fine when only our plugins are installed.  The next step would be to determine what is causing the issue, so that we can find the root of the problem.

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Display of Events’ is closed to new replies.