Display Multiple Dates within Event Page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Display Multiple Dates within Event Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

I’m looking for the ability to list multiple date ranges for a single event, within the event page.

i.e.
    22nd April – 27th April
    10th May – 15th May
    16th May – 20th May

It seems like the system doesn’t have native support for this, which is unfortunate, as per this post:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/courses-with-multiple-dates/

However, in this one, which was 1 year earlier, there seems to be a workaround:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/single-event-page-showing-multiple-dates/

Is the workaround still valid?

Will you guys be adding the ability to have multiple dates displayed within a single event post? Separating the same event into multiple posts and not being able to view the different dates available for that event at the same area is a silly UX design oversight.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey there and thanks for getting in touch!

We’d be happy to help — but I do want to note that our pre-sales forum is used to answer questions about purchasing our premium plugins.

If you’re looking for technical support, it would be awesome if you could post your question to our WordPress.org support forum.

Or, if you already have an active license for one of premium plugins, will you please log into your account and post your topic to our premium support forum instead?

Thanks so much!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Aaron

This IS a pre-sale question.

I’m inquiring about a feature that is vital to the decision making process.

Pointless for me to commit to a purchase if what I need isn’t available, directly or via workarounds.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Sorry about that. Yes, the snippet from Nico is still valid for use. Also, we do offer a 30 day refund if for whatever reason it doesn’t work as desired. In regards to building this into the calendar that is not on our list of items to accomplish at this time.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Aaron

np, I understand it can get annoying when a lot of people don’t post at the right places.

This is added code into the .php file… so it means I’ll have to put the code in every time the plugin updates?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

No, you would add the code to your theme’s function.php file so you can still update our plugins.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Aaron

Hey,

I don’t think so… this was in the code snippet:

//
    // comments are above
    // in the original /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php file
    //

Looks like it’s a php that’s part of the plugin?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Yes, you are correct. For some reason the creator is editing the actual template. In cases like these you would actually have to create a clone of that template using our themer’s guide. This is done so that you can still update the plugin without losing any customizations.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Multiple Dates within Event Page’ is closed to new replies.