Courses with multiple dates

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Courses with multiple dates

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hello,

Can I use the Pro plugin to sell places for multiple dates courses? The courses are held in a workshop, so they’re not online courses.

This is a course example:

Learn how to paint in oil
    Start date: 10 August 2017
    End date: 12 August 2017
    Time: 09:00 – 12:00
    Total duration: 9 hours.
    Places: 15

Ideally, total duration should be a text field where we can write anything, and explain better the duration (e.g. lunch breaks, etc).

Thank you!
    Daniel

Caroline

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out! If your events are all structured like the example given and span a number of consecutive days, you can use The Events Calendar to create a multi-day event, add tickets to that event with Event Tickets Plus, and provide more detail on event times and durations in your event description (which can contain any amount of text or images that you’d like to include). You can learn more about creating events and tickets from the following articles in our Knowledgebase:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-an-event/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-tickets/

Let me know if you should have any other questions about how this setup might work for your project–I’d be glad to assist! ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers, and thanks again!

Daniel

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your reply!

From what I noticed when creating a new course with multiple days, the calendar shows it spanning over the course of all day.

For example if I have a course running every Tuesday for 4 weeks from 10am to 1pm, the calendar will fill in 4 weeks. What I actually need is to show the time slots from 10am to 1pm on every Tuesday on those 4 weeks.

Also, on the event page, the date will show like this:
    August 8 @ 10:00 am – August 30 @ 1:00 pm

Ideally, it should display:
    8 August – 10:00am – 1pm
    15 August – 10:00am – 1pm
    23 August – 10:00am – 1pm
    30 August – 10:00am – 1pm
    and show the time slots.

Is this something the plug-in can achieve?

Thank you!
    Daniel

Caroline

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for following up to provide some clarification here! Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to create a single event spanning multiple days and have the individual time slots display in this manner. Your best bet here would likely be to create a recurring event using Events Calendar PRO, which would allow you to set the correct dates and times for each occurrence of your event. However, each page for a single occurrence of the event series would show only the date and time forย that occurrence. We also don’t currently offer full support for tickets on recurring events, though we’re hard at work on implementing the feature for a future product update! Until then, you would need to rely on alternative methods for ticketing recurring events, such as creating your event series, splitting each recurrence off into its own single event, and adding tickets to each of those single events.

I hope that helps to clarify some of our plugins’ options and limitations here! Let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns. Cheers, and thanks again! ๐Ÿ™‚

Roxie

I actually googled this today to find out if it were possible as this is what I’m trying to do.

I like this plugin, but stuff like this omission is a major issue. The event I’m offering will offer a discount for those who purchase 2 tickets for the event – on DIFFERENT DAYS. The goal is to encourage participants to take both workshops. It’s super cumbersome that one cannot select tickets on the SAME PAGE for all dates it’s to be held. And because of how the woocommerce linking is, it doesn’t seem to be recommending other dates etc either. So that person has to return to the events page just to get the other ticket. Too many steps, and can lose a sale for an organizer.

I hope you are seriously considering adding this feature to a near future update.

Caroline

Hi Roxie,

I’m so sorry for the disappointment here. We definitely hear your concerns regarding this issue, and we hope to be able to roll out improvements such as these with our recurring ticket functionality in the near future. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us–I’ll be sure to pass it along to our products team for further consideration in development!

One solution that you may wish to consider is selling your event tickets from the default WooCommerce products page, which will show all tickets (and other WooCommerce products) on a single page or series of pages by default. This would allow your users to get a clear view of all tickets that are available regardless of the associated event date, and they’d have the option of quickly adding multiple tickets to their cart–and gaining any associated discounts in the process. You can learn more about how to sell tickets from the WooCommerce products page on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/selling-tickets-from-the-woocommerce-products-page/

If you’d like to ensure that users can quickly access the single product pages for each individual ticket from a series of events, you can simply drop those links into the event description for each event in the series. Users will be able to click through to the dates they’d prefer and add as many tickets as they’d like to their cart.

I hope that helps! Again, thanks so much for sharing your concerns with us here–please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any other suggestions you might have, and feel free to share your ideas and cast your vote for others on our UserVoice forum! Cheers, and thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Courses with multiple dates’ is closed to new replies.