Disappearing filter bar in map view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disappearing filter bar in map view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Communications
    Participant

We have the filter bar add on which, when in map view, appears for a few seconds then disappears. It happens at the point where the map has loaded. So, it is there while the AJAX loading icon is in place then once all the data has loaded, and the AJAX loading disappears, it is taken out of the DOM.

Any ideas?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

First, Could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

This can be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

Also, please share with us a link to your main events page so we can have a closer inspection ourselves.

Thanks,
    Victor

Communications
    Participant

I know what the issue is now. I was following the guidance given in here, https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/position-of-filter-bar-in-template/ as I need to move the filter bar so that it is to the right of the events list. But it places it within the content area that gets updated with the AJAX results and therefore deletes everything within it before rendering the new content.

So, what is the best way to place the filter bar directly after

<

div id=”tribe-events-content” class=”tribe-events-list tribe-events-map”> ?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for following up with this.

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction.

Are you trying to position the filter bar before the tribe bar? Please let me know exactly what you are trying to accomplish and I will try to guide you as much possible.

Thanks,
    Victor

Communications
    Participant

I’ve managed to get it working. Firstly, I have disabled the default filter bar injection with;

`function removeTribeFilterBarDefaultDisplay() {
    $filterClass = Tribe__Events__Filterbar__View::instance();
    remove_action(‘tribe_events_before_template’, array($filterClass, ‘displaySidebar’), 25);
    remove_action(‘tribe_events_bar_after_template’, array($filterClass, ‘displaySidebar’), 25);
    }

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘removeTribeFilterBarDefaultDisplay’, 50 );`

Then, for each view I have added
    tribe_get_template_part( ‘filter-bar/filter-view-vertical’ ) in the appropriate place so the filter bar appears where I want it.

Victor
    Keymaster

That’s great! I’m glad you could make it work!

Thanks for following up to let us know and for sharing the snippet so others can make use of it. 🙂

Is there anything else I can help you with? Let me know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Disappearing filter bar in map view’ is closed to new replies.