Disable Quantity Change of Tickets on Cart Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Disable Quantity Change of Tickets on Cart Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

Wnen booking a ticket, name and other information are required for every ticket purchased. However, in the Cart page, ticket quantity can be changed without any form to ask for additional names and information. Can you help me disable the ticket quantity change on the cart page instead?

I have a similar issue with this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/changing-ticket-quantities-in-cart-request-additional-info/. I tried applying the code provided but it does not work. The ticket quantity is still visible and clickable.

Please note thought that only tickets shouldn’t have quantity adjustments on Cart page.

Geoff B.

Good evening Paula and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Can you help me disable the ticket quantity change on the cart page instead?

Absolutely.

You could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/elimn/ed648363bbac1061e37bdbf7ecb720b3#file-tribe_hide_woo_quantity_change-php

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Paula
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your assistance. The code you gave worked well and now the quantity selector does not show up on the Cart page but works well on the event booking page.

I just have a slight issue. Our shop is also selling non-ticket items such as shirts. For this type of item, having a quantity selector on the Cart page is okay since we don’t need additional information from the shopper. Is it possible to apply the code to ticket items only?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Paula,

I am glad the snippet worked.

To address your specific need, the only current solution is the snippet you mentioned did not work for you.

You could try again to apply the snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/66bf05df61ee269c60ff20d6f39e2cab#file-functions-php

The reason I am asking is because I just tested the snippet again with a default WordPress theme and it works.

Perhaps we should try to find out why it does not work for you ?

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Paula
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the assistance! The code you have me worked, however it also hid the quantity selector for non-ticket products (e.g. tshirts). I will be trying your new code and tell you if it works. Thank you so much!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Paula.
    Geoff B.

Good afternoon Paula,

Awesome!
    Just to clarify, you will need to remove the code that hides the quantity selector for all products and use the snippet instead.

If that does not work, please forward me a copy of your theme.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Paula
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you so much for the continued assistance.

Yes, I removed the first code before trying on the new code you provided. Unfortunately, it did not work and it displayed the quantity selector for ticket and non-ticket products on Cart page. I reverted it to the first code immediately as the site is live and people can already book.

I attached a copy of our theme. We’re using Divi child theme but I can only attach the child because of size limitation. If you need the parent theme, just provide me an email address. Please do note that functions.php now has the first code you provided.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Paula,

I just tried adding the https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/66bf05df61ee269c60ff20d6f39e2cab#file-functions-php snippet to your Child theme and it worked great on my end.

Could you tell me which version of Divi you are using ?

Here is a copy of the modified functions.php: functions_for_Divi_child

This leads me to believe that there has to be some type of conflict at play with one of the other plugins.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Quantity Change of Tickets on Cart Page’ is closed to new replies.