Changing Ticket Quantities in Cart – Request Additional Info

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing Ticket Quantities in Cart – Request Additional Info

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ignitedbytruthadmin
    Participant

I love ETP! Great job!

But I’m having an issue with people updating their ticket quantities from the Cart page. We are asking for some additional info when they place the tickets into their cart (First Name Last Name, Parish). But if a customer goes to the cart page, they have another option to increase the number of tickets. But there is no way for them to enter the additional ticket holder info from the cart page.

It would be great if a pop-up window came up when users clicked the Update Cart button, presenting the fields to enter the additional info (one set of fields for each additional ticket that’s been added to the cart). Once the user enters the additional info they could simply close the pop-up to get back to their cart.

Is there any way to do this now? For a short-term solution I have simply hidden the update quantity field on the cart page. But I really need a better long-term solution. Thanks for the great product!

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions.

ET+ sends data to the WooCommerce shopping cart (and then WooCommerce takes over from there), but it does not fully integrate with the shopping cart in the way you’re wanting.

A simple fix for this could be making the quantity field non-editable. Here’s a code snippet to change the WooCommerce cart quantity field to readonly just for ET+ products:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/66bf05df61ee269c60ff20d6f39e2cab

Please let me know how it goes for you and if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Ticket Quantities in Cart – Request Additional Info’ is closed to new replies.