Design fine tuning

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Design fine tuning

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard
    Participant

Hello team,

First of all, let me say thank you for a great product! We are almost ready to go live with our website, but are still struggling with a few design tweaks that we cannot seem to figure out. Maybe you can help with the following (and apologies if they are quite basic)? I will attach screenshots for each.

1) Our website is in German and we have successfully changed the day of the week designation as well as the date format to German in all display formats, except for the weekly widget. Here it does not seem to work. We would need the calendar title, the day names, the date formats, as well as the “no events today” default to appear in German. Could you help us with how to do this?

2) We are using the Events Calendar together with the Enfold theme by Kriesi. There, 6 standard header formats are defined. It seems like the Events Calendar Weekly Widget uses the same header format for the event title on the individual events page and for the event titles in the weekly widget. So we are currently choosing between having the title on the individual page too small or the titles in the weekly widget being way too large. Can we change the header style that is used for event titles in the weekly widget?

3) There seems to be a formatting issue with the left sidebar of individual event pages. Particularly the Heading “Category” in German is quite long and gets in the way of other items there. Can we rename this to make it shorter or change the way it is being displayed to give it more room?

Thank you in advance!
    Best,
    B

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Bernhard,

Thanks for reaching out, happy to help here! πŸ™‚ This seems to be some styling issues, possibly Β theme conflicts. I’ll be taking a deeper look into this for you, but in the meantime I’d recommend the following:

1. I’d recommend first trying some of the other options under “Events>Settings>Display>Default stylesheet used for events templates.” See if one of the other settings solves your problem. (This is the easy fix.)

2. If that doesn’t help, test for conflicts to see if it is a problem with the theme or with one of your plugins.

Let me know how that goes, and we’ll work on it from there!

Cheers,
    Shelby πŸ™‚

Bernhard
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this, Shelby! On your points:

1) We did go through all the settings and they work great for the calendar, EXCEPT for the weekly widget, here it seems to have no effect. The team has also looked at possible language issues and made sure that WP has the required files. Unfortunately, the day and date format in the weekly widget still shows in English (we managed to translate the other items, such as the next/previous links, header, etc.).

2) We checked for plugin or theme conflicts and there seem to be none that would affect the language issue. Of course the theme does affect the header design (points 2 and 3 on my original list), but changing to a different theme is not an option at this point.

Best,
    B

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Bernhard,

1. I’m happy to help you with the weekly widget styling. πŸ™‚ Can you send me a link so I can take a look at it on your site?
    2. Unfortunately, we can’t take you any further on resolving specific theme conflicts on this forum. We support conflicts and bugs with default WordPress themes and WordPress core. You do have a couple options, you can reach out to Enfold’s theme support. You can also make the changes yourself or hire someone to help. If you need help you customize the styles for our plugins and your theme, you can follow the guidelines in our Themer’s Guide here, or you can find a freelancer here to help you. πŸ™‚

Please let me know on these and we’ll work to get your issues taken care of!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Bernhard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Design fine tuning’ is closed to new replies.