Deleted Tickets Still Count Toward Totals

Home Forums Additional Help Extensions Deleted Tickets Still Count Toward Totals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

Hi,

I am referring to this post thread.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/deleted-tickets-still-counted-as-sold/

Did this ever get fixed. I am having the same issue.
    Also when I export the counts it shows the attendees without the deleted ticket info. The deleted ticket info just disappears. Not easily understood. (Not talking about cancelled)

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

Thanks for reaching out!

I did some testing on my end, and if you go to the Attendees screen and actually delete an attendee, the count for that ticket type goes up by one, and the attendee is removed entirely.

It looks like you’re running older versions of our plugins. Can you try updating to the latest versions of the plugins and see if you are still experiencing this issue? If you don’t see a prompt to update in the Plugins section of your Dashboard, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

The current versions are:

The Events Calendar (4.5.12.2)

Event Tickets (4.5.5)

Event Tickets Plus (4.5.4)

Community Events (4.5.5)

Events Calendar Pro (4.4.17)

I see you are also running several extensions for our plugins. If updating does not resolve the issue, could you try deactivating all extensions (so that only our core plugins that I listed above are active) and see if you still get the same result? If you prefer to do this in a testing environment, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Amy
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I’ve been reviewing your email here and I’d like to get some more information if that is ok about the issue you are receiving. Particularly this line here.

I did some testing on my end, and if you go to the Attendees screen and actually delete an attendee, the count for that ticket type goes up by one, and the attendee is removed entirely.

Are you saying when you delete an attendee the count goes up by one?

Amy
    Participant

Just following up again. Your reply said:

<<I did some testing on my end, and if you go to the Attendees screen and actually delete an attendee, the count for that ticket type goes up by one, and the attendee is removed entirely.>>

What we’re talking about is if an order is deleted or cancelled, the “total tickets sold” count (see attachment) does not change. We’d expect the count to go DOWN if an order is deleted or cancelled.

What count on what screen do you think should go up when an order is deleted or cancelled?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Sorry for the confusion here, it looks like I spoke too soon – I just double-checked, and stock updates will actually all need to be done manually. If you haven’t done so already, I would recommend taking a look at this article, which has some good information on how cancellations/refunds are handled.

Regarding the total tickets sold count, this does not change by default if a ticket is cancelled/refunded, as the ticket has still technically been sold.

I know this can be confusing, but the reason it is set up this way is that there are some cases where users may not want the ticket count/tickets sold to change automatically.

I hope that helps clear things up! Of course, please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleted Tickets Still Count Toward Totals’ is closed to new replies.