Default Mobile View not working, Yoast SEO conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Default Mobile View not working, Yoast SEO conflict

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

I am using the Events Calendar PRO and have the default mobile view set to List. It however displays as the Month View in mobile. The plugin that is causing the conflict is Yoast SEO. Are you aware of this and/or what is the status of the update?

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

Hey Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I have a couple of questions in order to give you a more accurate answers:

1. Kind you describe a little bit more as well what the issue is on mobile view as well with sharing a screenshot of your display settings.
    2. Would you mind describing a little bit more what do you mean by conflict, what sort of problems are you facing exactly.
    3. The view is displayed on all breakpoints or after a specific breakpoint.

Let me know about this, so I can provide a better answer for your questions or if you have any other particular questions.

Thanks
    Crisoforo.

Paul
    Participant

This reply is private.

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

Thanks for this information it was really helpful. I tested my self in a fresh installation with the settings you have on the display tab with Yoast active and disabled.

In both scenarios the result is very similar if you load the site on mobile it will load the list view but if you load the site on desktop it will show the month view however from any view if you resize the browser is just going to show the same view but scaled for mobile, this happens as the view is stablished when the site loads not when the user resizes the browser, as helps to decide which view to load and then based on that redirects to the correct view, you can double check this as well by using our conflicts guide.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thanks,
    Crisoforo

Paul
    Participant

This reply is private.

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Paul
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay here.

I’m 99% sure what you are describing is a known conflict. Mind adding this snippet either to a custom plugin (preferred) or else to your theme’s functions.php file and see if it helps?

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/b6d6adb3fa2008bd37312d145955b62e

If it doesn’t help, feel free to strip it out and we can explore other avenues. If it does help, though it would be great to know 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Paul!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Default Mobile View not working, Yoast SEO conflict’ is closed to new replies.