Default Country not working (again) after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Default Country not working (again) after update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

We just tried updating to the latest versions of the plugins: TEC,TEC PRO, Community Events, and Filter Bar. After doing so we discovered that the default country setting is not working again. This was previously fixed, but it appears to have broken again in either this update or the previous update (we updated from TEC/TEC PRO 4.0.5; Community Events 4.0.4; Filter Bar 4.0.2.

Here’s the link to the original topic.

Geoff B.

Good evening Karly and welcome back!

I am sorry to hear this one is creeping back for you.

So I went ahead and tried to reproduce this on my installations with the latest versions of the plugins.

The good news is that it should be working. So let’s focus on making it work for you.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide us with your system information once again in a private reply ? (following the instructions found in the link)

Other than that, I would recommend trying to reinstall the latest version of the plugins AND re-saving the permalinks to cover all bases.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Dear Karly,

Thank you for taking the time to clarify things. My bad to have missed that.
    After you did, I went ahead and did my due diligence with only the Community submit form in mind.

You are, yet again, 100% right.

The good news is that there was already a related bug ticket open for all default content fields.
    It also looks like the bugfix will make it in our next maintenance release. Let’s knock on wood.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Sean
    Participant

Hi again Geoff,

No worries. I should have specified that to begin with 🙂

In any case, glad you were able to reproduce and that the upcoming fix for the default content should fix this as well.

Enjoy your weekend!
    Karly

Geoff B.

Hey again,

I just realized that the bug ticket in question IS already closed and shipped.

So I went ahead and opened a new one specifically for the Community submission form not displaying Default Content as expected.

Sorry for the confusion I might have created. Unfortunately that means I don’t have a date for the bugfix, but it should make it in our upcoming maintenance releases.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Sean
    Participant

Okay, no problem. Hopefully it can be fixed in one of the next couple releases this month. We’d love to update to the latest versions, but until this is fixed (all of our users are within the USA) we can’t update. While it’s a minor inconvenience, its not a usability item we want to “remove” for our Organizers given it works for us now and saved them time when submitting many events.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Karly,

I couldn’t agree with you more. I apply the same policy when it comes to updates for all my clients.

I will keep following up on this with our Dev team to make sure it gets addressed ASAP.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Default Country not working (again) after update’ is closed to new replies.