Daylight Savings Time Displays Incorrectly on us west coast

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Daylight Savings Time Displays Incorrectly on us west coast

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Krav Maga
    Participant

OK this is a new post connected to the post with Sherill.

Basically Daylight saving time has dropped the class starting time by one hour. this is not good.

Krav Maga
    Participant

I have supplied my site system info with the first post.

Cliff

Hi, Krav.

I found that other thread at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/daylight-savings-time-displays-incorrectly-in-future/

Thank you for sharing your System Information Report.

Could you please link to a recurrence series that this issue happens for? Additionally, please send a screenshot of this event’s settings in the wp-admin event edit screen.

Krav Maga
    Participant

Sorry I took so long to get back to you guys I was out of town.

OK I added four classes to Keep it simple and still show the issue is reproducible. These four classes start at 10am on Saturday Jan 7th, 2017. They all repeat once a week until Saturday Jan 6th, 2018. After March 12th, 2017 the classes start time shows as 9am. This repeats until Daylight Saving Time ends Nov 5th. After Nov 5th the start time reverts to 10am.

Here is a link to the event calendar. http://test.kravmaga-sf.com/events/

I have attached three images
    event cal dashboard adding event.
    wordpress general settings
    event calendar settings

Thanks Buko

Cliff

Thanks for that information.

One thing I noticed is that http://test.kravmaga-sf.com/events/ is loading October instead of November.

I also went back to March 2017 and saw the date changed there too.

I know we’ve had issues with this in the past, but I can’t recreate it on my testing site.

Please make sure you’re on the latest versions of WordPress core and all our plugins and then create a new test event starting Nov 2 recurring daily through Nov 7 and see if the issue happens again.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen, in which case I think the issue is that January 2017 recurring event was created prior to this fix being in place.

I’d also recommend looking into why your calendar is displaying October still instead of November.

To do so, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

Please let me know what you find out.

Krav Maga
    Participant

It loaded oct because it was on oct when I copied the link, its working correctly now in that respect. All plugins and WP software is current. Event cal is 4.6.3 and the Pro Version 4.4.19. WordPress is at 4.8.3.

Its now after the time change and we are back on Standard Time.

I added the TEST CLASS starting November 2 at 8am to November 7th.repeating daily. Still the same issue. Sunday November 5th shows the correct time 8am but Monday Nov 6th and 7th show 9am start time.

I still need to do the “testing for conflicts” I must coordinate with my collaborator who is in SF I’m in Portland.

Krav Maga
    Participant

OK with 2017 theme selected and all plugins deactivated except the event cal and event cal Pro test event still shows 9am Nov 6 and 7.

Cliff

Thanks for your effort here. Could you please confirm if you went to Testing for Conflicts Mode before you created this new test event?

I know it’s a hassle to do some testing like this, but, like I said, I wasn’t able to replicate this issue on my own testing site.

Please let me know what you find out.

Krav Maga
    Participant

Yes I have completed the troubleshooting tasks. With all plugins deactivated and the theme switched to 2017 the problem still exists

Krav Maga
    Participant

I am building the new website at test.kravmaga-sf.com I made a new subdomain dev.kravmaga-sf.com apparently the plugin does not like this. I’m going to have to move the site to the top level domain at some point. I see that there is a disconnect link under the License Keys page can I point the new subdomain here until we figure this out then change it to the main domain when we launch the new site?

Krav Maga
    Participant

OK I figured it out I now have event cal pro active at http://dev.kravmaga-sf.com

Krav Maga
    Participant

OK I think I’m onto something. I shall report back.

Cliff

Thanks for your effort here. I’ll await your reply, but, in the meantime, this article may be helpful: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

Krav Maga
    Participant

Thanks cliff I found that.

Making a troubleshooting site did the trick, the culprit that was messing everything up was the “Weekly Class Schedule v3.19” a plugin made by Pulsar Web Design. I’m sure there are other plugins that may screw with the time change but this is the one that did it for me.

The one thing that threw me off at first was the calendar still displayed the same, with the original data that I entered, after deactivating the plugins and changing to WP 2017 theme. After thinking about it I made new duplicate site then deleted all the original data in the new site that’s when I found the conflict.

Hope this helps out some of the others with the issue.

Cliff

Thanks for letting us know about the conflict with https://wordpress.org/plugins/weekly-class-schedule/ version 3.19

Is there anything more I can help with at this time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Daylight Savings Time Displays Incorrectly on us west coast’ is closed to new replies.