Dates Not Importing Correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Dates Not Importing Correctly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anne Marie
    Participant

When I do the CSV upload, some of the dates import correctly, but most do not, despite all having the same format. Please advise. Thanks -AML

Cliff

Hi, Anne Marie.

I don’t show Event Dates being a currently-known issue with our CSV Importer, so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out. If the issue is persisting, please provide me the CSV file you’re importing.

Thanks.

Anne Marie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for sending me the CSV. Could you please tell me one of the events that imported as 1970 and one that did not so I can try them myself and see if I get the same results?

Cindy
    Participant

Hi Anne Marie,

Here are the 3 things I had to do to fix this. Perhaps you have done a couple of them, but all three need to be done:

1. Set the date formation in your theme:
    Go to ‘Settings’ under the “Dashboard” section. In my theme it is towards the bottom in the black menu bar to the left. Under Settings click on “General”. There you will see “Date Format”. Click here to read what the codes mean: https://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time

Figure out how you are doing your date and enter it into the “Custom Field” and then “Save Changes”

If you are a newbie and not sure what you are looking at with the date formation reply back to me.

2. Now you need to go to make sure the date setting is the same in your theme AND in TEC (The Events Calendar):
    Click on “Events” in the same black menu bar, then “Settings” Towards the top you will see tabs saying: General, Display, etc. Click on “Display” and scroll down. Make sure you have the same “Date Formating” as you do in the General theme settings.

3. Next, you HAVE TO MAKE sure that how you actually ENTER the date into the CSV file is identical to what you just setup. Here is the kicker: You may have your spreadsheet setup to convert the way the data looks but that is NOT how it gets imported. It gets imported the way you entered it.

I hope this helps. I spent many hours figuring this out and it was extremely painful.

Cliff

Cindy, thanks for that excellent information.

Once I hear back from Anne Marie, I’ll test for her and see if I can confirm your findings. If I can, I’ll log some bugs if necessary.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Dates Not Importing Correctly’ is closed to new replies.