data migration issue

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets data migration issue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    federation810
    Participant

We are trying to create an event on our website and register it with Eventbrite so that our tickets are displayed on our website. We are not able to get the event registered. We received a notification that it was “currently migrating evenbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.” It is no longer displaying that message but event is still not register with Eventbrite.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you ?

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Seventeen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers,
    Jeremy

federation810
    Participant

Hi Jeremy!

I have copied my developer Dan above…can you please work with him on this issue?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you tell Dan to reply to my first message via this forum thread, as I don’t get replies by email?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy

federation810
    Participant

Jeremy,

We have been trying to get this resolved for over two weeks now and we have events coming up next month. I received a message that my email below was received on 8/9 but neither of us have heard from you. I am EXTREMELY displeased and may have to find another vendor and get my money returned if this issue is not promptly resolved. It’s negatively impacting my organization and those we serve. Please contact our IT person Dan Rivera at [email protected].

federation810
    Participant

This is Dan, I support the website. The eventbrite plugin is not working. deactivated plugins and activated standard wordpress theme. The Eventbrite Ticket button does not appear on the event page. Also have problems with editing the event. The event does not update to eventbrite.

Barry

Thanks, Dan.

So, what happens when you try to publish an event to Eventbrite – do any error messages show?

Also, are you able to successfully create events on eventbrite.com and then import them into your WordPress site?

I am EXTREMELY displeased and may have to find another vendor and get my money returned if this issue is not promptly resolved.

We’ll do what we can to help, of course, and are sorry this has been a source of frustration for you.

In fairness, though, I want to highlight that Jeremy provided a set of troubleshooting steps one week ago and we’re only just getting confirmation on the results today.

Getting to the bottom of a situation like this does require cooperation on both sides. If you do ultimately prefer a refund we’d be sad to lose you, but you can apply for one here. Beyond that, please do get back to me on my latest questions and we’ll think about next steps.

Thank you 🙂

federation810
    Participant

All this started with the migration issue. Followed the suggested steps to mitigate without success. The Migration message no longer appears but the tickets do not show on the events page on the website. We can import from Eventbrite but the tickets still do not appear on the webpage. There are no error messages.

Barry

OK, thanks 🙂

By looking at records on our Event Aggregator server, I see that we fetched and sent data to your own website for two different Eventbrite.com events (named “Another one” and “Test” respectively) just 16 minutes ago.

It sounds though that these are not ‘making it’ to your own website, or else perhaps they have already been deleted post-import (the names suggest they were test events, is that correct)?

…but the tickets do not show on the events page on the website. We can import from Eventbrite but the tickets still do not appear on the webpage.

Can you link me to one of the events you imported from Eventbrite.com (ie, the matching single event page on your own site) and can you link me to the event as it is on Eventbrite.com itself?

federation810
    Participant

Yes they were test events and were deleted. We could get the event imported from Eventbrite. But the events still has format issues but we do not use the import so it may be that it was not setup correctly.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m really sorry for this inconvenience.

Could you tell me if the ticket form displayed or not when you most recently tested this?

Also, could you provide a link to one of the events you are trying to ‘push’ to eventbrite.com? That way I could examine it to make sure the organizer and venue data is present and looks good (Eventbrite will reject events with no or incomplete venues, for instance).

Thank you,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘data migration issue’ is closed to new replies.