Customize main page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customize main page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vyacheslav Pavlov
    Participant

Hi!
    I’ve a problem in customizing my main page.
    I want when clicking on the event in the calendar automatically change the displayed events on the main page. I don’t understand how to do it. Please help.

Geoff B.

Good evening Vyacheslav and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I want when clicking on the event in the calendar automatically change the displayed events on the main page.

Just to make sure I understand what you are trying to do, is your main page http://dk-moskvor.ru/ ? If not, could you tell me which page you are referring to ?

Secondly, could you provide me with an example of what you would like to display precisely when you click on an event ? How would the site know which event to display when you click on a specific event (in other words, what are your “rules”) ?

Finally, I am noticing quite a few errors in the Google Chrome Developers tools’ console.
    One of them is actually breaking the calendar (Javascript error).

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

Vyacheslav Pavlov
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your replay!

Example you can check on this page http://meridiancentre.ru/

I’ll cheak errors!!

Geoff B.

Good evening Vyacheslav,

Thank you for writing back and providing an example.

To achieve what you are looking for you will need to use our Mini-calendar widget.
    You can see it in action on the right side of the following page: http://wpshindig.com/event-widgets/

You can also add thumbnails to the images and tweak the look completely.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Here is how to use the widgets https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/ with shortcodes. You can also use them in widget areas.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Vyacheslav Pavlov
    Participant

Hi!
    Please, recheck for errors.

Is everithing, ok?

Geoff B.

Good evening Vyacheslav,

It looks like you have successfully used the mini-calendar widget.
    Good job!

If you wanted to, you could completely change the look of the widget to get closer to the example you provided. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Vyacheslav Pavlov
    Participant

Hi!
    Yes, i’ve used it, but how you can see there, mini calendar widget in side bar isn’t connected with tribe event view module, so i can’t make the same dynamic refresh of the events on the main page like here: http://meridiancentre.ru/
    (when you click on the calendars event date, event at the left part of page should be listed by sertain date you clicked at the right side)
    Can you sugest me any solution?

Geoff B.

Hey Vyacheslav,

You are correct, the mini-calendar view (by default) is not exactly like the example you provided.

However, the functionality is very similar in the sense that when you click on a date it changes the content of the list.

That means that with some customization work on your end, you could achieve what you are looking for. Probably by creating a custom page template.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Vyacheslav Pavlov
    Participant

Thanks!
    I’ll try my best)

Geoff B.

Best of luck with that Vyacheslav.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize main page’ is closed to new replies.