Customizations?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Customizations?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Denise

I’m creating a custom theme for a theatre company that has their own ticketing system in place.

I want to create a custom taxonomy for the show pages. These pages are highly customized/media rich and won’t be static….. I would like to be able to display various show times/dates on the calendar and have them link to the show pages we created instead of the seperate tec events pages.

Also, I would like to include ‘buy’ buttons that link to their ticketing system. I’m thinking I can do this with acf?

Doable? In some ways TEC has way more functionality than we need. Trying to decide if it’s the best way to go. I’ve used tec several times in past and am comfortable making customizations, etc.

Would love to hide some of the input fields in the admin as well, as we just don’t need/want.

I hope I’m making myself clear. Happy to buy the pro version (or just pay so that I can get support).

Any advice appreciated. With thanks…

Cliff

Hi, Denise.

Thanks for considering our plugin suite. I’m glad you’re interested in using it for another project! 🙂

It sounds like you’d benefit from PRO’s Additional Fields functionality if you wanted to add a native way to get custom field sort of functionality. It also works well with our Community Events add-on, which may be a good way to go if you want a front-end way for users to submit new events and edit them, if needed. It can also be used for site admins to moderate new event submissions. And it’d be fairly easy to customize which fields appear in that event edit form while leaving the wp-admin event edit screen fully functional.

But, yes, you could add a custom field (WordPress native, PRO’s, ACF’s, etc) and then maybe do a template override for the various calendar views or the Single Event view, via our Themer’s Guide.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

FYI: Please note that coding customizations are not part of our support, per our Scope of Support / Terms. We do our best to point you in the right direction for most things if you need a bit of help though. If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your own developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizations?’ is closed to new replies.