CSV Importer not working

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions CSV Importer not working

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kelly S.

Hi,

I am using the “Paid Memberships Pro – Import Users from CSV Add On” along with “Import Users from CSV”, and am having strange problems.

First, when I import a small file of events (24 events), for some reason all of the events are being assigned the same venue – even though the CSV file clearly lists different venues for the events.

I thought maybe something was wrong with the previously imported Venues, so I opened the list of Venues, deleted all 15 of them, emptied the trash, and tried to import them again from CSV. The import function ran but said it imported 1 venue and updated 14 venues – even though the list was empty before I ran the import. When I viewed the list of venues, I only saw one venue (I’m guessing this is the one that was imported).

What is going on?

I am running WP 4.5 and have updated all of the plugins.

Thanks,

Kelly Snyder

Kelly S.

Sorry, I realize the “Paid Memberships Pro – Import Users from CSV Add On” is not relevant here…it has been a long day!

Sandra Resnick
    Participant

Known bug they’re working on fixing

See this thread

Frustrating, but it looks like the fix should be out shortly

Cheers

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here.

This is a bug due to a change in WordPress 4.5 to the post_search filter.

We have a fix coming in the Events Calendar 4.1.3 later this week.

However, to fix right away please change the contents of this file:

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer.php

With this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/release/4.1.3/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer.php

That should resolve the issue for you.

Let us know how that works out.

Cheers

Grant Simmons

Didn’t appear to work.

Same result

One record created and updated (in my case) 271 times.

Grant Simmons

Yep. Just nuked my install.

<sigh>

Grant Simmons

http://www.bandsnearme.com has gone blank

com’on guys.. I’m a little bit (a lot) upset now…

Help

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues. A customer did confirm that fix worked for them.

If the contents of the file were not transferred over correctly it can bring the site down.

I tested again on a couple of my sites and was not able to reproduce an issue that would bring the site down either.

You can try to recopy the contents back or you can remove the plugin and load the latest copy again from WordPress.org

You can use ftp to remove the plugin or doing it through your cPanel or hosting panel file manager.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this ticket to new replies, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix later this week.

Grant, if you are still having issues, please post in your original thread and we will help out there:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/csv-import-2/

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that maintenance release 4.1.3 is out. The update includes a fix for this issue.

Please update the plugins to the latest version and re-test to see if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Importer not working’ is closed to new replies.