CSV Import

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions CSV Import

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Grant Simmons

Tried all kinds of saving to formats in the UTF-8 and no matter what…

I get added 1 and the rest updated, so I end up with just one record.

I’m figuring it may be to do with the record end BUT it’s seeing all the records, just not adding each…

What I'm seeing

Any help, appreciated.

Mac running latest everything
    Cheers

Grant

Geoff B.

Good evening Grant and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products. It’s truly appreciated.

However, please note that we do not offer support for our free plugin in this premium add-ons forum.

But, the good news is that you are still welcome to consult this forum to your liking and browse it for solutions, snippets and tutorials.

If you don’t mind, in the future could you please post your support questions here: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar ?

With that in mind, I believe what is going on is that, even if you have deleted your events (I’m not sure you actually did that), the CSV importer is looking at your Database and seeing the previous attempts (which is why you are seeing updated events, not added ones).

There are 2 things I would recommend:

Send me a link to your actual CSV file (just so that I can make sure it’s OK)

If you are confortable enough doing so (and after a backup), I would recommend deleting all imported events both in the interface and in your SQL database prior to attempting a new import.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Grant Simmons

Thank you!

Buying the Pro plugin now and will see if deleting everything helps… if not, I’ll pop back

Cheers

Sandra Resnick
    Participant

I bought the pro plugin

Deleted anything I could find in the database for events, organizers and venues

Deleted the import list record too

Still getting same issue

File is pretty straight forward and is recognized… just the import is greating one record then updating it x record times.. help!!

Sample:

BAND,EMAIL
    $2 Goat,
    1 Wild Night,
    24Seven,
    3D Rhythm of Life,
    420 Funk Mob,
    49 West,
    90 Proof,
    Acoustic Medicine Show,
    Acoustic Sludge,[email protected]

Uploaded venue.csv

Cheers

Geoff B.

Hey Grant,

Thank you for everything you have accomplished so far.

I ran some tests on my end using WordPress 4.5 and managed to reproduce the issue!
    This is a legitimate bug and I have opened a ticket for it. We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point. But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

This probably doesn’t help much, but reverting back to WordPress 4.4.2, I was able to import the csv file properly.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Sandra Resnick
    Participant

Geoff

I appreciate the transparency, but to say I was disappointed would be an understatement after spending 3 hrs trying to troubleshoot, reinstalling everything, purchasing the pro versions and deleting some prior work (yes, I made a backup but time is valuable).

I would hope this core element of the plugin functionality would be prioritized, I’m certain I’m not the only one out there who – right after installation – wants to quickly populate their site.

I appreciate there’s multiple priorities and limited resources… but I would hope this would get fixed quickly.

It’s not even that I can *easily* leverage PHPMyAdmin to import as the records are a little more complex for attributes / options… argh

3 hrs of my life and gray hairs I’ll never get back.

Appreciate an update at your earliest convenience.

Grant

Geoff B.

Good evening Grant,

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am really sorry about this unintentional and very frustrating issue. It is definitely not something we expected after testing that for compatibility with WordPress 4.5

The good news is that the issue was found and the fix is currently undergoing QA testing.

If it’s all good, I would love to release an early patch for you early next week. I realize this doesn’t make up for the lost time and efforts, but it is sincerely the best I can do.

I’ll follow-up with you on Monday as soon as I have the results.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Sandra Resnick
    Participant

Thank you

Geoff B.

Good evening Grant,

OK, the fix has passed QA testing with flying colours and is now under going the final smoke test.

If it’s all good, the fix will be imminent.

Thank you for your patience,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Hey Grant,

As you know, we have a fix coming in the Events Calendar 4.1.3 later this week.

However, to fix right away please change the contents of the following file. Please note you must correctly change the entire contents of the file as any mistake could cause the website to go down.

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer.php

With this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/release/4.1.3/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer.php

That should resolve the issue for you.

Let us know how that works out.

Cheers

Geoff B.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that maintenance release 4.1.3 is out. The update includes a fix for this issue.

Please update the plugins to the latest version and re-test to see if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Import’ is closed to new replies.