Create new events and import from Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Create new events and import from Eventbrite

• This topic has 14 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Leah.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi,
    I have two major problems:
    1. When I import from eventbrite, the description text is formatted wrong (one or two row of spaces every line of description or bullet list) and the image is not imported
    2. When I create new event from WP I receive this error: You do not have permission to access the organizer you requested. or random Error 400 ticket_class.sales_end ecc…

What Can I do?

p.s.: I have recreated App Key and I get authorization too

Carlo

Barbara
    Participant

I resolved the “permission” problem, and now the specific error message is:

There was an error when syncing to EventBrite, contact our Support and provide the following information on the Thread:
    stdClass Object( [status_code] => 400 [error_description] => There are errors with your arguments: ticket_class.sales_end – INVALID [error] => ARGUMENTS_ERROR)
    Event published successfully. To make the event Live, payment information is required.
    Learn how to do this or go to Eventbrite right now and update the event.

Nico

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’ll try to get this right for you!

#1 – I’m not sure importing images from event description is supported right away. I’ll look into that and let you know. Regarding the extra lines you are getting, Are you seeing those as br html tags or just extra lines?

#2 – This seems rather strange to me. Can you please share you system info with me? Please check this KB article: Sharing Your System Information, feel free to make the reply private if you don’t want this info to be publicly visible.

Please let me know about those,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Oh! Just saw your last post after replying. Please send me the system info anyway.

I’ll share that error with the dev team to find out more about it.

Hope to make this right soon,
    Thanks,
    Nico

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    Create multiple row with &nbsp and EOL, in case of UL creates a new UL every LI (if you want I will send you the html imported from eventbrite)

I dig into the code, and I discovered that there is a problem with:

ticket_class.sales_end' => date( self::$date_format, $args->end ), (API.php line 442)

I commented out and now I am able to publish to EventBrite (a temp workaround for me). I noticed that the startdate is 1/1/1970 (I think was an error too).

Another point is the image (WP to EventBrite) is not supported yet?

Regards, Carlo

Barbara
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey Carlo,

Thanks for the quick -and extensive- follow-up, and sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing to you.

#1 – Regarding the extra lines/html, that seems to be a legit bug – which I logged and should be fixed in upcoming releases. Sorry for that. I also confirmed the importing images from EventBrite description is not supported yet. I’m adding it as a feature request in our product backlog. Can’t confirm that it will be addressed or when, that’s just out of my scope.

#2 – This seems to be a ‘malformed’ event. Can you please hand me the event ID? Also can you confirm this is happening with other events you are trying to import? It’s not a good idea to modify the core of the plugin to make it work ๐Ÿ™

Thanks for sending me your sys info, my main concern here was about the version of the plugins you are using. But you are using the latest so that’s fine.

Sorry once again for the trouble this may cause,
    Thanks,
    Nico

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    sorry for the late reply ๐Ÿ™‚

#1 ok, tanks!

#2 Is not only an existing event, but the error occurs on new (create) event from WP. I know that I don’t modify the core of the plugin, but I need this “working” now!

Regards, Carlo

Nico

Hey Carlo,

Thanks again for your patience on this!

Let’s dig into #2 then. From what you described the permissions problem is not happening anymore, so this only refers to the ‘ticket_class.sales_end’ 404 error, right?

Fist thing to do is to discard conflicts with other plugins, or the theme itself. To do please go through the steps outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide. Also if you are on a test site and can do so, please remove all EB synced events.

If the problem persists with the default WordPress theme and just Modern Tribe plugins active, I’ll try to reproduce it on my end. Please describe any configuration on the WordPress site and or on the EventBrite events that you think might be affecting this.

Looking forward to solving this,
    Best,
    Nico

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Nico,

the #2 problem is not happening anymore after I commented out the line as described in previous comment. Unfortunately I’m on production server and I can’t test disabling all the other plugins/theme.

I have a test site too, but I have the 3.10 version installed that doesn’t seems to have this problem (the line that I commented out is not present in this version) and I can’t update because I have one license key ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards, Carlo

Nico

Carlo,

Thanks for the follow up once again!

Please bear in mind you don’t need another license to do so, check this Knowledge base article about Using one license for your live and dev sites. Basically you can move your license or perform a manual update of the plugin.

Please let me know if you do so, and we’ll continue to dig into this issue,
    Regards,
    Nico

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we werenโ€™t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and weโ€™d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Create new events and import from Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.