Create a book now button

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Create a book now button

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pau
    Participant

Dear TECPRO,

My client uses a bespoke system for bookings

The aim is to be able to create a field on an event that allows placing a ‘Book Now!’ button on the head of an event

Each link obviously will be different for each event

So, to summarise, I need to be able to create a button on the top header of an event (see photoshopped attached image) linking into my client’s booking system: https://www.richmix.org.uk/events/music/chats-palace-legend-mike-smith (example) -open new page-

I’m aware this may fall outside the main support service; the question is, can you -out of your experience- point into a possible solution?

Super many thanks in advance as usual!!!

Cliff

Hi, Pau.

Assuming you’re using The Events Calendar and Event Tickets, yes, this is possible.

Please let me know if your project will be using The Events Calendar and I can provide extra details.

Pau
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Oh yes, my website is up-and-running and all based on The Events calendar PRO: http://chatspalace.com/ (I assumed you saw that)

What are Event Tickets? Maybe I missed something important here?

Yes, please tell us what we can do

many thanks

Cliff

Event Tickets Plus (ET+) is our paid add-on plugin that upgrades the functionality of our free Event Tickets (ET) plugin.

Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms. The free plugin only enables free RSVP-type tickets.

You can view our roundup/comparison of all the eCommerce plugins ET+ supports.

Our plugin uses your eCommerce plugin of choice, but your eCommerce plugin isn’t displayed for shopping pages. Please reference our Making Tickets KB article (screenshots are from an install using WooCommerce) for an idea how to create tickets for an event.

Site visitors would purchase tickets from each event’s single page/view (e.g. http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/) — if there is an RSVP to submit or ticket to purchase.

The order confirmation email will include a QR code that can be scanned to “check in” someone at the door at the time of the event. It could be displayed on their mobile device or they could print it like any other email. You can read more at Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees.

If your tickets will be free, you don’t need QR code check-in, and you don’t need to collect additional information other than name and email address, you likely could just use the free/core Event Tickets plugin.

To answer your original question, if you’re using both TEC and ET/ET+, you could use an action hook on the Event Single page to always link to “#buy-tickets”. Your logic would be “if this event has tickets, print the button that links to #buy-tickets”. Here’s an example event that has tickets: http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/#buy-tickets

You could use the tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content action hook, like this:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/ce791df9a7c74d7846e2

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Pau
    Participant

Hi Cliff, thanks for such detailed answer

Please allow me some time to ‘digest’ before closing the ticket

Just to be clear, my main issue is I’m NOT using a supported ticket seller

I just want to be able to create a button with a link to the external seller, and I need this button to be featured on top in a visible place

I know I can create an extra field on the boxes below with a link, but that not enough

Will read carefully all this interesting information you have supplied, many thanks!

Cliff

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re using The Events Calendar but not using Event Tickets / Event Tickets Plus.

In that case, please describe where you’d like each Event’s “buy” button to go. For example, is there a single link for all of them to go to, or is the link different per event? If different per event, do you input each event’s ticket purchase link as a custom field?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Create a book now button’ is closed to new replies.