Console Errors on Widget admin page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Console Errors on Widget admin page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

I am using Events Calendar Pro v.4.4.2 – whenever I activate the pro plugin, the widgets page gets many console errors. I’ve attached screenshots of these errors. These errors only appear when activating the PRO plugin – with no errors running the basic events calendar plugin.

Cliff

Hi, Aaron. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Also, when sending a screenshot of any console errors, please include the location of those files (by hovering over “widgets.php:3098” for example). (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Aaron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I’ve not heard of that theme or plugin before. Could you please provide a copy of the latest versions of both the theme and the plugin and I’ll give them a quick run-through on my testing site and see if I can replicate the issue and then track down what’s conflicting?

Aaron
    Participant

The theme and plugin files can be found here: https://github.com/Bookt

We are using the Discovery theme within the themes pack, but the “insta-parent” theme must also be installed. Easiest to just upload everything from the theme pack into the themes folder.

Cliff

Upon activating the Kigo Discovery child theme, these WP_DEBUG messages appeared:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/e5d3b27319531d9d6c645ebc63992af2

Due to the overwhelming number of WP_DEBUG messages caused simply via initial theme activation, I’d say this is the furthest we’d be able to try helping. I didn’t even try activating the plugin.

I’d suggest reporting these and any other WP_DEBUG messages you find to the theme/plugin author(s) and only using themes that do not produce WP_DEBUG messages with our plugins.

Please let me know if you think I can be of any further assistance on this topic.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi, thanks for taking a look. I totally understand the theme issue, however, we are required to use this theme, unfortunately, for other integrations. It does make sense and I am going to mark this as resolved to clear the ticket. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to resolve this issue. It should be further noted for other readers, the support was phenomenal and not an error with the plugin – it’s our theme. Thanks for you help!

Aaron

Cliff

Thanks for your understanding and kind words.

Have a great weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Console Errors on Widget admin page’ is closed to new replies.