Confused with Woocommerce Event Products!

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Confused with Woocommerce Event Products!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    markantony
    Participant

Hi there

I’m really struggling to find a suitable events / calendar / booking product, so perhaps you can help.

I did think ECPro & ETickets+ were going to solve my problem, then not, now unsure!

I do know that the current way is not working as required.

We sell physical training courses, the main variable is the date and the length of time.
    They can be 1 day to several weeks, some date ranges are non-sequential, some over 3 months with a few dates per month.

Here is an example page:

http://goldcross-training.co.uk/citb/citb-smsts/

There are numerous product pages like this (that parts fine!)

Firstly:

Each page allows the customer to choose which location (out of 6) they wish to choose (the drop down selector top-left).

We need to be able to show 6 images above the table so customers can click on them and it filters the table (or alternative)
    to just that location (rather than the current selection box).

(I imagine it’s similar to a cinema showing film posters on their website and clicking shows listings for just that film)

Secondly:

Rather than having one row per location, with a drop-down for dates, we need one row, per date. Dates are currently listed as variable products within woocommerce.

To Summise:

Any element of the website, hopefully with the exception of the theme & woocommerce, can be changed to accomodate the above.

If your products offer a solution to this, and I could see example screen shots, I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you

Cliff

Hi, Mark. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Event Tickets Plus (ET+) is our paid add-on plugin that upgrades the functionality of our free Event Tickets (ET) plugin.

Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms. The free plugin only enables free RSVP-type tickets.

You can view our roundup/comparison of all the eCommerce plugins ET+ supports.

Our plugin uses your eCommerce plugin of choice, but your eCommerce plugin isn’t displayed for shopping pages. Please reference our Making Tickets KB article (screenshots are from an install using WooCommerce) for an idea how to create tickets for an event.

Site visitors would purchase tickets from each event’s single page/view (e.g. http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/) — if there is an RSVP to submit or ticket to purchase.

The order confirmation email will include a QR code that can be scanned to “check in” someone at the door at the time of the event. It could be displayed on their mobile device or they could print it like any other email. You can read more at Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees.

You could also Display a List of Attendee’s Events.

If your tickets will be free, you don’t need QR code check-in, and you don’t need to collect additional information other than name and email address, you likely could just use the free/core Event Tickets plugin.

===

To your specific questions:

We do not have true “bookings” functionality, but people do try (some succeed!) to use it as such because of all the other nice features our product suite offers.

Our ticketing product doesn’t currently support PRO’s recurring events.

If you start to create a ticket for a recurring event, there will be a little question mark notice that reads:

Currently, tickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

You should add your vote to this existing feature request for Event Tickets to support PRO’s recurring events.

Something some users are doing right now is using PRO’s recurring events to populate their events calendar but then breaking each occurrence from the series to turn them into single events — basically using PRO as an event generator but not actually using its recurring events functionality on the front-end. Others are just dealing with the tickets on recurring events even though you can’t then tell which occurrence they reserved the ticket for… use this information for your own reference but please don’t take it as any sort of recommendation.

=

I think it would take significant coding to try to make clicking an image on the single event page to select one of the Attendee Information fields, since those load via Ajax.

=

Event Tickets Plus does not work with WooCommerce’s variable products. You create new tickets via the wp-admin event edit screen and then the ticket “products” get created in WooCommerce’s system but not actually displayed on the front-end in your Shop.

You could add your vote to this existing feature request.

===

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Confused with Woocommerce Event Products!’ is closed to new replies.