Community tickets problems adding to cart and customisable emails.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Community tickets problems adding to cart and customisable emails.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sophie Fletcher
    Participant

I’ve just bought the community bundle after asking lots of questions but on installing it there are some things I can’t work out or even know if I can do. No 1 which is very important is the issue of customisable emails – I understood this was possible but can’t see a way to do it. The other frustrations are:

. I can’t see a way to actually pay for the ticket or add to cart when I log out and go the /event URL – it’s not clear how to enable this.
    . I cannot see how to add products at checkout which is the main reason I am moving from my current plugin
    . The search function for events is limited – the system I currently use you put a postcode in and it pulls up events within a radius. It this not possible?
    .is it also not possible to change the currency according to the location – we have events in Australia and the UK.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sophie!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for using our plugins! 🙂

Let me help you with all your questions.

No 1 which is very important is the issue of customisable emails – I understood this was possible but can’t see a way to do it

If you want to customize the ticket email, you can do so by making a template customization following the steps in our Themer’s Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I can’t see a way to actually pay for the ticket or add to cart when I log out and go the /event URL – it’s not clear how to enable this.

To be able to pay for a ticket you need to have an ecommerce plugin like WooCommerce installed and activated. After this, you can create new tickets when editing an event and assign them a price, stock  and other settings as well. The tickets will show up in the single event page below the event details by default.

I cannot see how to add products at checkout which is the main reason I am moving from my current plugin

I don’t think you can add products during checkout in WooCommerce, but I know you can add products while in the cart. WooCommerce has an interesting feature to setup cross sells for a product, see here > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/related-products-up-sells-and-cross-sells/

The search function for events is limited – the system I currently use you put a postcode in and it pulls up events within a radius. It this not possible?

You can search locations based on its postcode by using the “Location” field in the Event Search Bar. This will make use of the Google Maps API, so to make it work, you should set up a Google Maps API by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/

is it also not possible to change the currency according to the location – we have events in Australia and the UK.

Currency is all managed by WooCommerce, but I don’t think you can change currency according to location. To accomplish that you will need a third party plugin. I’ve found a couple that you might check out and try for yourself: https://woocommerce.com/products/currency-converter-widget/ and https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-currency-switcher/

As an extra source of information, I will point you to our article about Community Tickets for first time users here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-community-tickets/

I hope that helps you setup your site like you wish to. Don’t hesitate to ask any other questions and we’ll be happy to help. 🙂

Best,
    Victor

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

That a real shame, maps etc are included in the community bundle, so I think it’s a mistake that the option of putting a postcode in with a radius isn’t included in community events. It may work in the US where the states and cities are huge, but in the UK (and possible other countries where land mass is smaller and where provinces are quite small (I boarder 4) the filter option is not really a great function and it’s daft for me to spend another ÂŁ89 for a radius search.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

When I activated the plugin, it seems to create a conflict with woo. People who were buying products (downloads) weren’t getting their product/download message after I activated the plugin. When I deactivated it service returned as usual and people received the emails with download instructions.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sophie!

I did a few tests in my local installation by creating a new downloadable product and activating the extension and the emails seemed to generate correctly.

I’ve just checked your sys info and you seem to be using older versions of our plugins and also of WooCommerce. We always recommend you use the latest versions of our plugins. This will ensure you also get the latests bugfixes and compatibilities with other plugins like WooCommerce.

Before doing so, we always suggest to set up a test/staging site so you can test every plugin or theme update as well as any big changes to make sure they don’t break anything in the live site. We also suggest you make a full backup of your site both files and database just in case something goes wrong and you need to restore your site.

Let me know how that goes. 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Community tickets problems adding to cart and customisable emails.’ is closed to new replies.