Community tickets multicurrency

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community tickets multicurrency

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bushbaby
    Participant

I am looking set up a community events site for events all around the world. Naturally worldwide events need to be able to have worldwide currencies so the ticket buyer gets to buy events in their local currency which is user friendly. I want to check community tickets has this functionality before purchasing a bundle. Thanks

Nico

Hi there @bushbaby,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your interest in our bundles!

The currency for newly added tickets is set in WooCommerce actually, so you’ll need a plugin like WooCommerce Currency Switcher to make this work. While we cannot ensure compatibility with all WooCommerce extensions, I think this one might work!

Probably the best way to see if this works well is to actually try it out! You can go ahead and purchase the products for testing. If you decide they are not what you are looking for, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. For more information take a look at our refund policy.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you,
    Best,
    Nico

bushbaby
    Participant

Hi Nico. Thank-you. I had a look at the currency switcher plugin. It seems that the currency switcher is so that people buying tickets can pay for tickets in their own currency. Though this is useful, its much better if the community event creator can choose the currency they want to sell tickets in when setting up the event in the first place. As my site will be a international community events site, if someone is putting together an event in tokyo, they will no doubt want to set the currency to be pain in Yen. Has community events tickets got that functionality. If not is customisation possible and at what cost.

Nico

Thanks for the follow-up @bushbaby!

if someone is putting together an event in tokyo, they will no doubt want to set the currency to be pain in Yen. Has community events tickets got that functionality.

No, the plugin doesn’t have this functionality. I would try if the currency switcher affects the information submitted via the form as well. I guess it might, but you would have to try it out.

If not is customisation possible and at what cost.

Yes, this customization is possible but would be out of the scope of support we can provide in the forums. Probably the way to go is to contact a customizer for a quote on this. Maybe it’s simpler to just accept one currency for the submission form, like only accept US dollars.

SO, summing up this is not a feature of our plugin, but something that might be achieved with a plugin like the Currency Switcher. As stated before the best way to know if this works is to actually try it out. While we don’t have a trial period, you can go ahead and purchase the products for testing. If you decide they are not what you are looking for, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. For more information take a look at our refund policy.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community tickets multicurrency’ is closed to new replies.